I am a paid job partial member, but prevented from viewing all the posted jobs as indicated
Thread poster: Juan Chen
Juan Chen
Juan Chen  Identity Verified
China
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 26, 2008

in the benefits of partial memebership.

Just now I read benefits of "Jobs Partial Membership" again which indicate "Unlimited quoting on all jobs". If I amend my language setting at instructions of proz staff, I may still be prevented from some projects in certain language pairs. As I repeat such prevention never occurs until today's morning. proz's prevention has unilaterally breached its commitments.

Who can help me solve such problem?

Thank you.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:46
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Mar 26, 2008

Hi Juan Chen,

Just now I read benefits of "Jobs Partial Membership" again which indicate "Unlimited quoting on all jobs". If I amend my language setting at instructions of proz staff, I may still be prevented from some projects in certain language pairs. As I repeat such prevention never occurs until today's morning. proz's prevention has unilaterally breached its commitments.

Job posters have the option to define certain conditions (such as a particular field of expertise, for example) as 'required' - in this case, you cannot quote on the job concerned unless your profile matches the requirement.

The display of contact information reflects this, as announced by Henry Dotterer just over a week ago.

Who can help me solve such problem?

Submit a Support Request to ProZ.com staff, indicating the URL of the job(s) you cannot quote on.

Best regards,
Ralf Lemster

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 06:46
SITE STAFF
This does not change your ability to quote on jobs Mar 26, 2008

Dear Juan,

At the risk of repeating some of Ralf's information:

Please note that a job poster may choose to restrict a given job based on a number of criteria, including native language, language pairs, fields of expertise, software experience, credentials, location, and membership. This has always been the case.

"Unlimited quoting" in the description of the benefits of Jobs Partial membership refers to the ability of Jobs Partial members to quote on jobs
... See more
Dear Juan,

At the risk of repeating some of Ralf's information:

Please note that a job poster may choose to restrict a given job based on a number of criteria, including native language, language pairs, fields of expertise, software experience, credentials, location, and membership. This has always been the case.

"Unlimited quoting" in the description of the benefits of Jobs Partial membership refers to the ability of Jobs Partial members to quote on jobs as full members (first access to member-only jobs). If an outsourcer requires a French to German translator and you do not work in French to German, you are not able to, and should not, quote on that job. The same may happen with any of the above mentioned criteria.

What has changed now is the visibility of contact information-- which is designed to (1) cut down on unauthorized reposting of jobs, (2) limit quoter contacts made in ways other than that preferred by the poster, and (3) further encourage and reward paid membership (please see http://www.proz.com/topic/99952 ). This does not affect your ability to quote on a job, as long as you meet the requirements set by the job poster. Remember that if a job poster requires a certain language pair or your native language and you have not declared this information in your profile, you will not be able to quote on that job (as before).

If you do find a job for which you feel you meet the requirements but are unable to quote, the best course of action would be to open a support request with the job's page url, and staff can help you to see if perhaps certain information may be missing in your profile. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Juan Chen
China
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your information. Mar 26, 2008

Actually I am not familiar with functions of proz and do not fully understand your replies. In order to eliminate all the obstacles I dislike, I plan to upgrade to a full member. Could you show me the link for such upgrading?

Regards,

Virginia

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 06:46
SITE STAFF
No problem Mar 26, 2008

Hello Virginia,

If you are interested in full membership you can see the details and purchase here: http://www.proz.com/join . Please note that you already have full member access to job-related areas of the site as a Partial Job member; should you choose full membership, this will not change your ability to quote on or view jobs. If you have questions with specific areas of the site or with the job
... See more
Hello Virginia,

If you are interested in full membership you can see the details and purchase here: http://www.proz.com/join . Please note that you already have full member access to job-related areas of the site as a Partial Job member; should you choose full membership, this will not change your ability to quote on or view jobs. If you have questions with specific areas of the site or with the jobs system in particular, please feel free to let me know via support request and I'll do my best to help. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Murat Uzum
Murat Uzum  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 12:46
English to Turkish
Profile Update Mar 26, 2008

Juan Chen wrote:

Actually I am not familiar with functions of proz and do not fully understand your replies. In order to eliminate all the obstacles I dislike, I plan to upgrade to a full member. Could you show me the link for such upgrading?

Regards,

Virginia

Dear Virginia,

As the site staff summarized this isn't about your membership status but the requirements applied by the job poster/outsourcer.

For example:
If the outsourcer requires X specialized field for a job, in your profile you must add this X field to your specialized fields (update your profile), so that you can quote for it.

Also some outsourcers require credentials, if you don't have that required credential you won't be able to quote again no matter you have a pro-member status.

I hope this helps you to solve your confusion.

Kind Regards
Murat Uzum

[Edited at 2008-03-26 18:16]

Juan Chen
China
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now I know how to solve my problem completely Mar 27, 2008

Thank you for all your replies, especially the moderator of this forum. Mr. Tabor, thx for your patience

Regards,

Virginia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I am a paid job partial member, but prevented from viewing all the posted jobs as indicated

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »