Mobile menu

can we use the Blue Board for sending CVs?
Thread poster: ana claudia jorge

ana claudia jorge  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 28, 2003

I\'ve just become Platinum member (actually, about 15 minutes ago...) and I\'m not yet accustomed to its rules. Can anyone tell me if it is ethically correct to use the Blue Board list to send CVs offering my services? I would believe it is, but I don\'t want to abuse my rights.

Direct link Reply with quote

Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:22
Member (2001)
French to English
+ ...
Not for CVs Apr 28, 2003

Hello Ana,

First of all, welcome to Proz! You will find that it\'s a great place to find help and friends so that you won\'t feel alone as you translate away on the computer.

Secondly, the Blue Board should not be used to post a CV. It is to rate agencies so that we (translators) can know if an agency is a good one to work with. Your CV should be posted on your profile page, or added to be downloaded by interested people who visit your profile page.

I hope this helps.

See you on Proz.

Kind regards,

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:22
English to German
+ ...
You cannot post "mini-applications", but the data is in the public domain Apr 28, 2003

Hi Ana - welcome to Platinum!

Using the Blue Board to post \"mini-applications\" (i.e. ratings where you say something along the lines of \"I\'d like to work for you\") is not permitted, I\'m afraid. Ratings on the Blue Board express a freelancer\'s willingness to work for a given agency again - provided that the freelancer has actually worked for that agency.

If you want to use the data displayed in Blue Board entries to establish contact (either through a corresponding profile, or using other means of communication), I can\'t see any problem with it - the data displayed there has been compiled from public sources, and is usually available on the respective agency\'s website.

From my own experience (being on the receiving end of CVs etc.), I would strongly recommend to conduct a thorough check of the website or profile before sending a message - I keep getting message advertising technical translation services from, say, English to Chinese, whereas it\'s clear from my profile that I focus on German>English (and vice versa), concentrating on financial material...

Good luck with your marketing!

Best regards, Ralf

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 23:22
It is done Apr 28, 2003

Some people do use the Blue Board to find and contact good agencies. I would echo Ralf\'s advice concernnig making careful applications. One member suggested sending out a few emails each week--that would allow you to really concentrate on the agencies whose needs your skills match.

Best of luck.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

can we use the Blue Board for sending CVs?

Advanced search

Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs