https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/105953-job_emails_12_hours_late_i_unsubscribe.html

Job emails 12 hours late, I unsubscribe
Thread poster: SteBe (X)
SteBe (X)
SteBe (X)
Local time: 13:16
Spanish to German
+ ...
May 30, 2008

Dear members,

ever since I am part of proz.com I have been receiving the email job notifications with a delay of 12 hours. I already told the site staff, and after that it was ok for 2 or 3 days, then it happened again (now for 5 months). I am a professional member and I receive them with that delay.
Sorry! I have enough of this kind of manipulations or technical issues and I leave this manipulated system.

Best regards

SteBe

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:16
English to Spanish
Sometimes the same here May 30, 2008

Sometimes, by the time I receive the message, the job is already closed. Used to be that, if interested, I would write directly to the outsourcer. Cannot do anymore because of the restrictions to showing the outsoucer info.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 08:16
SITE STAFF
Feel free to use the support system to resolve these issues May 30, 2008

Hello all,

As problems with notifications can vary widely, it may be faster and easier to address any problems you are having receiving these emails via the support system.

At times there may be issues with sending notifications from the site, but very often the problem lies elsewhere. One tool you can use to see what the problem might be is your Mail Monitor, which can te
... See more
Hello all,

As problems with notifications can vary widely, it may be faster and easier to address any problems you are having receiving these emails via the support system.

At times there may be issues with sending notifications from the site, but very often the problem lies elsewhere. One tool you can use to see what the problem might be is your Mail Monitor, which can tell you if you have been sent specific job or KudoZ notifications, and when. In cases where you were not sent the notification, the Mail Monitor will also help you to diagnose why. You can see a list of recent KudoZ and job notifications sent to you with your notification log. Be sure also to check the FAQ on notifications: http://www.proz.com/faq/mail

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 13:16
English to German
+ ...
We used to have a site time formerly... May 30, 2008

Hi! and it used to be about 2 hrs behind gmt + 1 time zone. That has been my calculation and it still works. I think this delay could be on accout of the internet service provider. Just a guess I can not know for true. Such a delay was known in the past on such an account. Yes I see a small lettered time indication as per GMT and my posting came in at 20.40. I guess we have to calculate the time zones as per locations. Did you try the latest google earth 4.3. well this comes with aero navigatio... See more
Hi! and it used to be about 2 hrs behind gmt + 1 time zone. That has been my calculation and it still works. I think this delay could be on accout of the internet service provider. Just a guess I can not know for true. Such a delay was known in the past on such an account. Yes I see a small lettered time indication as per GMT and my posting came in at 20.40. I guess we have to calculate the time zones as per locations. Did you try the latest google earth 4.3. well this comes with aero navigation with varying time zones you can specify. Brandis

[Edited at 2008-05-30 20:51]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Job emails 12 hours late, I unsubscribe

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »