Doubt! Searching for jobs
Thread poster: Xisela Vazquez
Xisela Vazquez
Xisela Vazquez
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 8, 2008

Hello everybody. I was looking for a way to find a volunteer job, someone told me that I can do it by selecting the option in the settings for searching a job... but I can not find the right way to do it...

Anyone can help me??

Thanks!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-06-08 20:38]

Atena Hensch
Atena Hensch  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 08:51
Persian (Farsi) to English
+ ...
proz site Jun 8, 2008

I don't know about that option but you might be able to get in touch with Proz.Com staff and work voluntarily on proz site such as localization in your language pair!

cheers
Atena

Kelly Wester (X)
Kelly Wester (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:51
Spanish to English
United Nations Volunteering Jun 9, 2008

You can also check this UN Volunteering site periodically: www.onlinevolunteering.org

They keep a list of their most recent projects on the front page, but you can also do a search indicating that you are a translator and in which language to see what projects come up.

Enjoy!

Laura Morwood
Laura Morwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:51
English to Dutch
+ ...
Recruiting volunteers Jun 15, 2008

I read about this site in another forum: www.translators4kids.com

They are looking for volunteer translators. I haven't checked it out myself but the website looks good.

Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Doubt! Searching for jobs

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »