Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:29
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
Jul 25, 2008

ProZ.com to offer Connect platform for use in 100+ language project

Toronto, Canada – July 21, 2008 - ACCU Translations, a leading provider of translation and localization services since 1975, will be funding and managing the translation of www.seatofthesoul.com, the Web site of Gary Zukav and his Seat of the Soul Institute, into over 100 languages

I am baffled by this press release, posted on the home page. It sounds like ProZ is giving some kind of support to a specific, ideology-driven, kook project. Reading the press release, I can't figure out exactly what ProZ is doing, why, and what benefit it is supposed to provide to members.

Somebody please explain.

Susan

Direct link Reply with quote

Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:29
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Previous thread Jul 25, 2008

SusanWelsh wrote:

ProZ.com to offer Connect platform for use in 100+ language project

Toronto, Canada – July 21, 2008 - ACCU Translations, a leading provider of translation and localization services since 1975, will be funding and managing the translation of www.seatofthesoul.com, the Web site of Gary Zukav and his Seat of the Soul Institute, into over 100 languages

I am baffled by this press release, posted on the home page. It sounds like ProZ is giving some kind of support to a specific, ideology-driven, kook project. Reading the press release, I can't figure out exactly what ProZ is doing, why, and what benefit it is supposed to provide to members.

Somebody please explain.

Susan

Hi Susan!

There is a previous thread where Henry explained what this was about. May be you want to do a search for it.

Regards,
Marina

Tomás Cano Binder, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:29
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Previous thread Jul 25, 2008

Here it is. Cheers!

Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:29
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found it, thanks Jul 25, 2008

Sorry I missed it. After reading the previous thread, I don't get it much better than I did before, however.
(For some reason, after Marina's post, I did a forum search for poster "Henry D"
"Henry" and "Henry-" -- and couldn't find it. Eventually, somehow, it came up. Ongoing saga of my love affair with computers.)
Susan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The "Seat" of Whose "Soul"? Press release unclear

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs