Did you notice this? [Erroneous pricing in a job ad]
Thread poster: Sara Senft

Sara Senft  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 26, 2008

I just quoted on a birth certificate project in my main language pair. (Spanish to English) Did anyone else notice that the per word rate listed was 15 United States Dollars? I knew that couldn't be the real rate.....although I would love to get that kind of money for a project!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-08-26 10:37]

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
I did Aug 26, 2008

Well, no, I don't think so. They all must contain the same required info, but the format can vary tremendously, and I usually find them to be in the $40-$50 range.

But $3,000? Dream on. He made a mistake with his decimal points. $30 is too low for me.

United States
Local time: 05:55
Japanese to English
Mistake with the decimal? Maybe. Aug 26, 2008

Or perhaps $15 is the total for the entire project...:o

Natalie  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:55
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Dear Srta Sara Aug 26, 2008

Probably you have noticed that the ad reads: "200 words
at 15.000 USD per word [ TOTAL: 3000.00 USD ]" which is an obvious mistake.

In case you notice anything like this, please click the link "Contact jobs moderators if there is a problem with this job posting", instead of posting in the forums. This is a much more effective way to correct the error.

Natalie, jobs moderator

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Did you notice this? [Erroneous pricing in a job ad]

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs