https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/118247-where_did_the_language_combinations_go_to.html

Where did the language combinations go to??
Thread poster: Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Cristina Heraud-van Tol  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 02:18
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 17, 2008

When you are at Proz' main page, and look at the "Translation jobs for language translators", the list of jobs does not show the language combinations as before, unless outsourcers specify this directly on the title of their jobs. Actually, the rules for posting a job, under 'Title' state: "Enter key points, but not languages" (fortunately some do post the languages on the title, else we would not be able to see the language requirements).

I mention this because, for example, lookin
... See more
When you are at Proz' main page, and look at the "Translation jobs for language translators", the list of jobs does not show the language combinations as before, unless outsourcers specify this directly on the title of their jobs. Actually, the rules for posting a job, under 'Title' state: "Enter key points, but not languages" (fortunately some do post the languages on the title, else we would not be able to see the language requirements).

I mention this because, for example, looking at the posts of this very moment we have the following list:

- SAP Training material
- Divorce document
- POET BIOGRAPHY AND POEM
- Translation of One-page Birth Certificate
Etc.

I don't know you, but the only thing I see before these titles of jobs, is the word "English", not knowing exactly if the explanation of the job posted is written in English, or if English is one of the languages that should be used in the translation (to/from English).

Before, the list would show something like this:

- SAP Training material (German to French)
- Divorce document (English to Spanish)
- POET BIOGRAPHY AND POEM (Spanish to Italian)
- Translation of One-page Birth Certificate (Italian to French)
Etc.

Now, you cannot see from which / into which language the translation is required. Personally, for me this is quite important, because the jobs arrive with some delay to my mailbox and so I like to check them constantly and directly from Proz' main page. But if I can't see the language combinations as before, this means I must click on every job to see if it's one I can work on.

What do you think of this?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where did the language combinations go to??

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »