https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/132338-how_can_i_find_a_job_that_was_posted_15_days_ago.html

How can I find a job that was posted 15 days ago?
Thread poster: Tatyana Ventura
Tatyana Ventura
Tatyana Ventura  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:21
Russian to English
+ ...
Apr 8, 2009

Hi, I am new to Proz, and I saw a job posted on 03/24/09
The deadline to apply is 04/10/09
However, the job no longer shows up in the search, and I cannot find the contact information.
Is there a way to find a post that is more than 2 weeks old, but has not expired yet?

Thanks.

Miles Crew
Miles Crew  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:21
Chinese to English
... Apr 9, 2009

I'm not sure about the specific answer to your question, but I don't think that many projects stay open that long, even if they set a long application deadline and the outsourcer doesn't bother to mark it as closed.

Andrei Yefimov
Andrei Yefimov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 07:21
English to Russian
+ ...
past jobs Apr 9, 2009

Hi,

In theory you can navigate to Translation jobs in the Jobs section, then choose you language pair and click on View all. But I've just tried to do so and it does not seem to work, i.e. I click on View all, I see the first page showing the most recent jobs, then I try to go to the next page but it shows nothing. The same with other pages. Moreover the site doesn't seem to respond at all after some 5-6 clicks. Frustration...

May it be a bug of some kind or it's just m
... See more
Hi,

In theory you can navigate to Translation jobs in the Jobs section, then choose you language pair and click on View all. But I've just tried to do so and it does not seem to work, i.e. I click on View all, I see the first page showing the most recent jobs, then I try to go to the next page but it shows nothing. The same with other pages. Moreover the site doesn't seem to respond at all after some 5-6 clicks. Frustration...

May it be a bug of some kind or it's just me? Could anyone advise, please?

Thanks!
Collapse

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:21
English to Dutch
+ ...
Email notification; other data Apr 9, 2009

If you received a notification by email, the link should still work.

Also, if you remember the name of the outsourcer, you can check their profile and/or Blue Board record. There is a field in their profile that shows recently posted jobs (on the right hand side of the page).

Good luck!

Emanuela Galdelli
Emanuela Galdelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
From the Home Page Apr 9, 2009

Home Page ==> Tab "Jobs" ==> My Posted Jobs. It should work.

Have a nice day, Emanuela

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 01:21
SITE STAFF
Use the support system Apr 9, 2009

Hi Tatyana,

If the job is still open (note that the poster may close a job before the deadline if they wish), you should be able to see it at http://www.proz.com/translation-jobs.php . Make sure your search criteria there match the job (language pairs, etc.).

But for help with specific jobs, the best thing to do is use
... See more
Hi Tatyana,

If the job is still open (note that the poster may close a job before the deadline if they wish), you should be able to see it at http://www.proz.com/translation-jobs.php . Make sure your search criteria there match the job (language pairs, etc.).

But for help with specific jobs, the best thing to do is use the support system, and submit all the info you have on it so that staff can help you find what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 01:21
SITE STAFF
"My posted jobs" is for jobs you have posted Apr 9, 2009

Hi Emanuela,

The "My posted jobs" will show you jobs you yourself have posted. For jobs posted by others, the search page is http://www.proz.com/translation-jobs.php

Best regards,

Jared

Emanuela Galdelli
Emanuela Galdelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Thanks Jared, you are right Apr 9, 2009

I did not read well.

Normally I check under My quotes, but she is probably looking for a job requesting e-mail applications.

Thank you for the clarification.

Emanuela

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I find a job that was posted 15 days ago?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »