Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:43
English to German
+ ...
Nov 17, 2003

Hi all,
Please make sure to enter all available details when generating a new Blue Board entry - and please refrain from entering a record that simply contains a name and a country, such as this one, which was subsequently duplicated with an entry saying "unknown" in all fields.

The Blue Board can be very useful, but asking about experience with "Henry Miller in the US" tend
... See more
Hi all,
Please make sure to enter all available details when generating a new Blue Board entry - and please refrain from entering a record that simply contains a name and a country, such as this one, which was subsequently duplicated with an entry saying "unknown" in all fields.

The Blue Board can be very useful, but asking about experience with "Henry Miller in the US" tends to defeat the purpose...

If you have additional details, drop a line to the Jobs Area coordinators - there's a bunch of moderators actively working to update records, and we rely on your support in doing so.

Thanks, and best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

Uwe Kirmse
Uwe Kirmse  Identity Verified
Polish to German
+ ...
name and country Nov 17, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:
...and please refrain from entering a record that simply contains a name and a country, such as this one, ...

I've spent 50 BrownieZ to see it, but it's been worth that.

Mariflor Salas
Mariflor Salas  Identity Verified
Venezuela
Local time: 07:43
English to Spanish
By the way, I've sent two messages to report an error in a name... Nov 17, 2003

but the error is still there. There is an agency that appears twice, one with the right name and the other with a typo. Since they have very dubious payment practices and have cheated several translators (including myself), it's important to make the correction so people be forwarned about them. However the mistake is still there despite my messages.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Who did you send the messages to? Nov 18, 2003

msal wrote:

but the error is still there. There is an agency that appears twice, one with the right name and the other with a typo. Since they have very dubious payment practices and have cheated several translators (including myself), it's important to make the correction so people be forwarned about them. However the mistake is still there despite my messages.

I'm sorry to hear that, but who did you sent these messages to?

Best regards, Ralf

Mariflor Salas
Mariflor Salas  Identity Verified
Venezuela
English to Spanish
Done! Nov 18, 2003

Hi Ralf,

Last night a moderator finally contacted me and corrected the problem.

Thanks!

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Please contact ProZ Jobs Area moderators concerning BB Nov 18, 2003

After seeing MZAL's message, I wrote and requested specifics concerning the double entries. I have now fused the two entries so all the information and ratings appear under one entry now.

If you notice an information error in a BlueBoard entry (wrong or outdated address, non-functional Website, mispelling, double entries, etc.), please do contact one of the ProZ.com Jobs Area moderators and let us know about it. Please include specifics (i.e., what the errors are *and* the URL of
... See more
After seeing MZAL's message, I wrote and requested specifics concerning the double entries. I have now fused the two entries so all the information and ratings appear under one entry now.

If you notice an information error in a BlueBoard entry (wrong or outdated address, non-functional Website, mispelling, double entries, etc.), please do contact one of the ProZ.com Jobs Area moderators and let us know about it. Please include specifics (i.e., what the errors are *and* the URL of the BB entry), so we can find the problem and take care of it.

If you are encountering technical problems (i.e., you are getting error messages in lieu of being able to access the BlueBoard), contact ProZ.com support via the link on the site.

Thanks.

Yolanda Broad
ProZ.com Moderator
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Minimum details for Blue Board entries

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »