Thread poster: Lars Helbig
Lars Helbig
Lars Helbig
Germany
Local time: 00:30
English to German
+ ...
Feb 23, 2004

I understand that the poster of a job offering gets the bids sorted by paying/non-paying member satus, but how is the list sorted beyond that? Are they displayed chornologically or pehaps by KudoZ points like in the Freelancer directory?

I am just curious to know how important a timely bid is and if I am better served spending some time composing my bid or sending it as fast as possible.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 18:30
SITE FOUNDER
By KudoZ points, like in the directory Feb 24, 2004

Quotes are sorted first by membership status, and then by KudoZ points (as in the directory.)

Anne Lee
Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:30
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Being quick is not a bad thing. Feb 24, 2004

As someone who's posted a couple of jobs in the past, I can tell you that the poster receives a separate email notifying them of each bid, so even if your bid isn't on top, if you respond fairly soon it will receive more attention than when it arrives amid an avalanche of other bids. The poster will realise you are a full-time translator and not simply returning from your day job.
If your profile looks good, it helps. Also, don't make them guess your rate. At one point, I received a respo
... See more
As someone who's posted a couple of jobs in the past, I can tell you that the poster receives a separate email notifying them of each bid, so even if your bid isn't on top, if you respond fairly soon it will receive more attention than when it arrives amid an avalanche of other bids. The poster will realise you are a full-time translator and not simply returning from your day job.
If your profile looks good, it helps. Also, don't make them guess your rate. At one point, I received a response from over 100 people and the few who asked me to contact them to find out their rates didn't get a look in, I'm afraid. Just be to the point and emphasise your relevant experience. I wanted to reply to everyone so I didn't have time for that.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How are bids displayed to the client?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »