Help: I do not receive any job postings any more
Thread poster: italia

italia  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:45
Italian to German
+ ...
Mar 4, 2004

Dear all, I have not received any job postings for more than two weeks. I had put it on hold, as I was not in the office for some days but since I came back I have tried to reactivate the e-mail notifications all to no purpose!
I am a platinum member and quite annoyed about this fact!

Direct link Reply with quote

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:45
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Check your Job email settings Mar 4, 2004

italia wrote:
I had put it on hold, as I was not in the office for some days but since I came back I have tried to reactivate the e-mail notifications all to no purpose!

Hi,
something similar has happened to me for kudoZ notifications, when I have left my office for 5 days in February.

Please, check your email settings, and make sure, to confirm EACH page, before changing page.
The email notification options in ProZ.com are very sophisticated and divided in several pages (tabs).

My ProZ.com > My settings > Email preferences (third option on the page) > Job notifications (second tab on top)

If you visit more than one page, make sure that you confirm each page (with the button Update) before changing page.
For good measure, after you exit from the settings pages, come back and check them again, to make sure your settings have been set correctly and maintained.

Sorry if you find these detailed instructions unnecessary (they may be useful to other readers too...), but I did it wrong, and I think that I know the system quite well, so... it's easy to get something wrong for everybody.

As a temporary solution, you could use this link:
http://www.proz.com/job?sp=js&show_mode=my
that will take you straight to the listing of all jobs in your language pairs.
You can keep it in your favorites and visit it daily.

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2004-03-04 09:14]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Checked your settings? Mar 4, 2004

Hallo italia,
Have you checked your settings (My ProZ.com - My Settings - Email Preferences - Job Notifications)?

(Note that you can unsubscribe with a single click, but you need to reactivate the individual settings.)

Are you sure there isn't a problem with your e-mail address (if you're using a special address and/or ISP for job notifications, have you tried sending a message specifically to that address)?

If all else fails, please submit a Support Request, indicating your e-mail address used for notifications.

Best regards, Ralf

Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
can you tell me the link of this thread? Mar 4, 2004

Dear Ralf, I was on the point of sending a support request, as I still can't solve the problem but I don't know the link of this thread.
Thanks again for your help!

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Link to Settings Mar 4, 2004

italia wrote:

Dear Ralf, I was on the point of sending a support request, as I still can't solve the problem but I don't know the link of this thread.

Go to: http://www.proz.com/?sp=partprof&show_mode=settings

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Link of this thread? Mar 4, 2004

Hi again,
italia wrote:

Although I'm not sure why you would need it, here it is: www.proz.com/topic/19020

HTH, Ralf

Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
eyerthing settled:))) Mar 5, 2004

Dear all, I am happy to tell you that all has been settled this morning.
Cheers again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help: I do not receive any job postings any more

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums