ntext  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:23
Partial member
German to English
+ ...
Apr 13, 2004

http://www.proz.com/job/53256

The only information given is what software the translator is supposed to use. (At least I think that's what they mean.)

I hope that whatever efforts are currently underway to overhaul the job posting system will result in a model that makes it impossible to post jobs that don't contain a bare minimum of information (specific subject field, topic, type of text, job volume).

[Edited at 2004-04-13 14:07]

Direct link Reply with quote

Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 23:23
German to Romanian
+ ...
since it's OCR and DTP... Apr 13, 2004

... I assume they want you to scan a file and then import it into a Quark file and adapt the layout.
As far as I can tell, there is no translation involved at all in this job, but I can't tell for sure, of course.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:23
English to German
+ ...
Job removed - thanks Apr 13, 2004

Hi Norbert,
Thanks for the heads-up; while the almost non-existent job description is a problem per se, the job itself isn't eligible, as it doesn't require the services of multilingual professionals or companies, as set out in the Job Posting FAQ.

I removed the job and contacted the poster.

Best regards, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Example of a job that should not even be posted here because of too few details

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs