Paying for Blue Board and receiving nothing
Thread poster: Joshua Wolfe
Joshua Wolfe
Joshua Wolfe  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:22
French to English
+ ...
Jun 2, 2004

I just paid BrowniZ to get access to information about an agency but no review was availabe. I would have appreciated knowing there was no data (beyond address and phone number) beforehand. Do others think this is fair?

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

The Blue Board is a work in progress Jun 2, 2004

Hi Urbanist,
Welcome to Proz.com!
Every day, more agencies are added to the list of agencies on the Blue Board as they come into being or are discovered by one of our members, or post a job here on Proz.com.
Agencies which have been present on the site for some time are most likely to have several reviews given by our members.
But this is the thing: members have to voluntarily provide reviews on agencies.... See more
Hi Urbanist,
Welcome to Proz.com!
Every day, more agencies are added to the list of agencies on the Blue Board as they come into being or are discovered by one of our members, or post a job here on Proz.com.
Agencies which have been present on the site for some time are most likely to have several reviews given by our members.
But this is the thing: members have to voluntarily provide reviews on agencies.
I suggest to all members to put in reviews as they complete projects with various agencies. They only take a few minutes to fill out, and are really helpful to other members contemplating a working relationship with a new agency.

I hope this answers your question, Urbanist! If you look around the BB you will see that quite a few agencies have ratings. It's unfortunate that the one you were searching has no ratings yet on our site, but while you wait I encourage you to contribute your knowledge and experiences with other agencies.

Have a great evening!
Nancy
Collapse

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:52
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Approach blueboard as a result of a definite job offer Jun 3, 2004

Let me illustrate. There is this job vide http://www.proz.com/job/56026. In this there is a link to the blueboard for the outsourcer of this job. If you click it, the number of the reviews is given as zero. You can save Brownys by not clicking it.
Presumably in your mode of approaching the blueboard, the number of reviews was not indicated, though I cannot guess what it might be.
In this conne
... See more
Let me illustrate. There is this job vide http://www.proz.com/job/56026. In this there is a link to the blueboard for the outsourcer of this job. If you click it, the number of the reviews is given as zero. You can save Brownys by not clicking it.
Presumably in your mode of approaching the blueboard, the number of reviews was not indicated, though I cannot guess what it might be.
In this connection, I request one more information apart from the number of reviews, that is to say, the overall score. In that case, if for say 36 reviws, the average score is 5, then too you need not click to view details.
Regards,
N.Raghavan
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:22
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Jun 3, 2004

...to ProZ.com Job Systems.
Urbanist wrote:

I just paid BrowniZ to get access to information about an agency but no review was availabe. I would have appreciated knowing there was no data (beyond address and phone number) beforehand. Do others think this is fair?

May I ask how exactly you accessed the BB entry?

Thanks, Ralf

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
Access the BlueBoard from the menu, not from the Job posting Jun 3, 2004

If you go to the list of agencies in the Jobs/BlueBoard menu, you can see in the list of agencies how many people have given a rating to the agency.
I assume that you have accessed the BB entry directly from a job posting, and this brings you directly to the agency in question.
So next time take the time and go through the menu, this way you can see if it's worth spending your browniz.

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:22
Georgian to English
+ ...
That was my thought, but I see that the number of reviews for the agency is at the top Jun 3, 2004

on the page displayed from the BB link in a job posting, as well. (I know it's frustrating)
I can understand that it could be easily missed in a hurry, but it is there.
Best wishes
Giuli~
(Eng Rus Geo)

Elvira Stoianov wrote:

If you go to the list of agencies in the Jobs/BlueBoard menu, you can see in the list of agencies how many people have given a rating to the agency.
I assume that you have accessed the BB entry directly from a job posting, and this brings you directly to the agency in question.
So next time take the time and go through the menu, this way you can see if it's worth spending your browniz.

[Edited at 2004-06-03 09:00]

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Number of reviews shown before paying Jun 3, 2004

The number of reviews an outsourcer has received is already displayed at the top of the page that lets you pay to view a blueboard entry. I have just added a bold red warning notice to that page if an outsourcer has not yet received any reviews--hopefully that will stand out better.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Thanks, Jason... Jun 3, 2004

...for the quick response and action taken!

Best regards, Ralf

Edward L. Crosby III
Edward L. Crosby III  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:22
German to English
+ ...
Post number of outsourcer reviews with bluebook entry! Jun 12, 2004

Nancy,

Why not add a "x reviews" or "no reviews" tag to the outsourcer name listed in the job announcement?

That way users will also be able to assess the value of paying for a full blue board resume when they review a job posting.

Ed

[Edited at 2004-06-12 21:54]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paying for Blue Board and receiving nothing

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »