Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:51
Czech to German
+ ...
Feb 13, 2012

Hello,

I'm just wondering whether it is possible to know why an agency has been banned from posting jobs. Is it always because they didn't pay?

Charlotte

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
An incorrect VAT number Feb 13, 2012

I worked for an agency that gave an incorrect VAT number.

The first time they contacted me, I did not know, and everything went fine.
Somehow the VAT number went through on my tax returns, or probably it was not so easy to check at that time.

They did not contact me for many months or a couple of years. However, the next time, I checked their VAT number on the EU site, and it was not valid. When I checked again on the Blue Board, the agency had been banned, altho
... See more

Somehow the VAT number went through on my tax returns, or probably it was not so easy to check at that time.

They did not contact me for many months or a couple of years. However, the next time, I checked their VAT number on the EU site, and it was not valid. When I checked again on the Blue Board, the agency had been banned, although as far as I remember they had a good record of payment, at least the first time I worked for them. (I only work for agencies that have convincing BB records, and at that time I was always busy, so it was probably all 5's!)

I am sure it was the same agency, because the PM had an unusual name, and I could see from my earlier invoice records that it was the same address.

So the second time round, I 'did not have time' for them.

I don't know whether that was the only reason they were banned.
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
VAT numbers Feb 14, 2012

Christine Andersen wrote:

They did not contact me for many months or a couple of years. However, the next time, I checked their VAT number on the EU site, and it was not valid. When I checked again on the Blue Board, the agency had been banned, although as far as I remember they had a good record of payment, at least the first time I worked for them. (I only work for agencies that have convincing BB records, and at that time I was always busy, so it was probably all 5's!)

I am sure it was the same agency, because the PM had an unusual name, and I could see from my earlier invoice records that it was the same address.

So the second time round, I 'did not have time' for them.

I don't know whether that was the only reason they were banned.

My IVA number comes up as "invalid" whenever I try to check it. However, it doesn't stop Hacienda taxing me every quarter so I don't really worry about it.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
ProZ.com termination policy Feb 14, 2012

Hello all,

As FAQ http://www.proz.com/faq/5372#5372 states, as per ProZ.com termination policy, http://www.proz.com/termination_policy , if a total of three non-payment complaints regarding a single outsourcer have been received from unrelated sources, the issue will be brought to ProZ.com sta
... See more
Hello all,

As FAQ http://www.proz.com/faq/5372#5372 states, as per ProZ.com termination policy, http://www.proz.com/termination_policy , if a total of three non-payment complaints regarding a single outsourcer have been received from unrelated sources, the issue will be brought to ProZ.com staff for review. At its sole discretion, ProZ.com staff may then choose to suspend or revoke the outsourcer's right to use ProZ.com. In the majority of cases, the This outsourcer has been banned from posting jobs at ProZ.com note shown at the top of some Blue Board records refers to that suspension.

Hope this explains.

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 14, 2012

Dear Lucia,

thank you for your reply. So it is only non-payment which leads to suspension?

I have read those rules but what I originally wanted to know was whether I can ask for the "banning reasons" for one specific agency. Maybe I was not clear enough...

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
That's right, Charlotte. Feb 14, 2012

In the majority of cases, non-payment leads to the suspension of job posting rights.

If you have doubts regarding a specific outsourcer, submit a support request and I'll take a look, http://www.proz.com/support

Regards,

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reasons for being banned?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »