Thread poster: Pernille Chapman

Pernille Chapman  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:59
Member (2004)
English to Danish
+ ...
Jun 17, 2004

I know there was a recent forum posting asking exactly what "credential" is supposed to mean, but as it didn't attract a lot of responses, I'd like to try again.
Please could a member of staff tell me what I have to do to receive all the job alerts for my language combinations? Over the last couple of months, I've noticed that several jobs never reached me via e-mail, and as far as I can see, the only thing these jobs have in common is the "credential required" line. Most recently, the variation "Credential required as verified by Proz.Com" has appeared, too.
Considering that I have a perfectly good translation degree as well as plenty of experience, references etc., I find this situation quite frustrating, not least as one of my reasons for going Platinum was to be first in line to receive job offers.
Any comments would be most welcome.

Direct link Reply with quote

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:59
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Credential verification Jun 17, 2004

Dear Pernille,

all the information and procedure to have your credential verified are available in the FAQ page.

See: http://www.proz.com/faq/credentials

The first step is to report your Credential in your profile.

The preferred way to have them verified is to send an email to support@proz.com, with your degree, diploma or professional association membership paper scanned and attached as an image.
If necessary, attach a translation in English.

We will check them against what you have reported, and them mark them as Verified. The service is free of charges, and we try to process all requests as soon as possible because we believe that it is useful to both parties, the translators and the outsourcers looking for vendors with verified credentials.

Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

Nicole Maina  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:59
Member (2005)
German to Italian
+ ...
thank you so much, pernille Jun 17, 2004

I actually posted the same question, but as you said no one answered. thank you!!

David Villarruel  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
Thank you (2) ! Jun 17, 2004

Gianfranco Manca wrote:

We will check them against what you have reported, and them mark them as Verified. The service is free of charges ...

Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

Just one more question: free of charges only for Platinum members?

I've read the FAQ page but found nothing about that.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

David

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
No charges Jun 17, 2004

David Villarruel wrote:
Just one more question: free of charges only for Platinum members?

I've read the FAQ page but found nothing about that.

Dear David,

the Credential Verification are currently free of charge for all members, and the response will be faster if the documentation is sent electronically, as an email attachment, rather than faxed, and a translation into English is provided when necessary.

Expect, in some cases, a few days of delay, but all requests are eventually processed.

Gianfranco
ProZ.com Team

Pernille Chapman  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 17, 2004

Thanks a lot, Gianfranco - I'll scan and forward my certificate. Sorry that I didn't check the FAQs first, but at least it looks like I'm not the only one who was confused here. Also, I still wonder why there is this sudden rush among job posters to ask for credentials...?

David Villarruel  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
Thanks Gianfranco (and Pernille for asking!) Jun 18, 2004

I'll do as Pernille ASAP.
Thanks a lot, you gave us useful information!
Regards,

David

Adela Van Gils  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:59
German to Dutch
+ ...
Thanks Jun 19, 2004

I did not know this posibility existed. Thanks and I will scan my diploma's and send them for verification.

I have another question. Is there a way to grade translations by Proz.com?

Adela

DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2003)
Georgian to English
+ ...
Currently only translations in the sense of answers to kudos questions Jun 29, 2004

Adela Van Gils wrote:

I have another question. Is there a way to grade translations by Proz.com?

Adela

(rather than translation projects done as a job)

Giuli~
(Eng Rus Geo)

[Edited at 2004-06-29 11:41]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Credential required" means that I'm missing out on job alerts

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs