Mobile menu

Terrible blue board rating but the agency can still advertise work.
Thread poster: John Simpson
John Simpson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:16
French to English
+ ...
Oct 20, 2004

A company has just posted a job but it has two terrible ratings on the blue board. How many poor ratings does a company have to get before it is banned from using the jobs board?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:16
English to German
+ ...
Please see the Termination Policy Oct 20, 2004

Hi John,
Please have a look at the Termination Policy, which we use to judge whether or not an outsourcer should be banned from

A few points to note:
- Given that the factual content of entries on the BlueBoard are not verified, we will never block an outsourcer on the basis of such entries alone. Rather, we will ask the members who posted such entries to substantiate them, particularly with regard to the timely and accurate delivery of the job(s) in question.

- The BlueBoard is not a pure payment-practices list (although payment does play a major role in determining members' likelihood of working again for a given outsourcer). Hence, negative entries may or may not be based on payment issues.

- Whenever a negative (i.e. 1 or 2) rating is entered, members are invited to submit a non-payment complaint (if non-payment is the reason) to Jobs moderators; this can trigger an investigation.

I hope this clarifies the issue; perhaps you could contact me through my profile, identifying the outsourcer concerned.

Best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terrible blue board rating but the agency can still advertise work.

Advanced search

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs