Mobile menu

Terrible blue board rating but the agency can still advertise work.
Thread poster: John Simpson
John Simpson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:33
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Oct 20, 2004

A company has just posted a job but it has two terrible ratings on the blue board. How many poor ratings does a company have to get before it is banned from using the jobs board?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:33
English to German
+ ...
Please see the ProZ.com Termination Policy Oct 20, 2004

Hi John,
Please have a look at the ProZ.com Termination Policy, which we use to judge whether or not an outsourcer should be banned from ProZ.com.

A few points to note:
- Given that the factual content of entries on the BlueBoard are not verified, we will never block an outsourcer on the basis of such entries alone. Rather, we will ask the members who posted such entries to substantiate them, particularly with regard to the timely and accurate delivery of the job(s) in question.

- The BlueBoard is not a pure payment-practices list (although payment does play a major role in determining members' likelihood of working again for a given outsourcer). Hence, negative entries may or may not be based on payment issues.

- Whenever a negative (i.e. 1 or 2) rating is entered, members are invited to submit a non-payment complaint (if non-payment is the reason) to Jobs moderators; this can trigger an investigation.

I hope this clarifies the issue; perhaps you could contact me through my profile, identifying the outsourcer concerned.

Best regards,
Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terrible blue board rating but the agency can still advertise work.

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs