Thread poster: Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:50
English to Russian
Jan 5, 2005

Hi, colleagues!
I am rather new in ProZone and what really exasperates me is that old jobs are still on the jobs board. Moreover, it is often not clear whether the job is closed or not. I applied several times for jobs using the recommended contact method (usually direct e-mail link)and on the jobs board the jobs I applied for were still shown as "no-bid". So, I propose:
1. to ask the job poster to give a deadline for applications after which the posting will be automatically remov
... See more
Hi, colleagues!
I am rather new in ProZone and what really exasperates me is that old jobs are still on the jobs board. Moreover, it is often not clear whether the job is closed or not. I applied several times for jobs using the recommended contact method (usually direct e-mail link)and on the jobs board the jobs I applied for were still shown as "no-bid". So, I propose:
1. to ask the job poster to give a deadline for applications after which the posting will be automatically removed from the jobs board.
2. to track job bidding with automatic feedback to the job status box in the relevant job posting.
Best regards,
Able
Collapse

Laura Barbieri
Laura Barbieri  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:50
English to Italian
+ ...
Agree Jan 5, 2005

I absolutely agree with you.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:50
English to German
+ ...
Working on it... Jan 5, 2005

Hi Able,
Welcome to ProZ.com, and thanks for your suggestions.

Have a look at an earlier thread where I commented on this issue.

Best regards,
Ralf

Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:50
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Glad that you are taking action Jan 5, 2005

Hi Ralf,
If I am not mistaken, I have also seen your other remark about the deficiencies of the system in the forum about jobs posted as urgent and still on the jobs board long after the delivery deadline where you said that the staff is working on it. I am a member of several other translators' internet sites (Translators' Cafe, GoTranslators) and should say that RroZ.com is probably the best. So, my suggestions are not meant to be criticism. They are aimed at its further improvement to
... See more
Hi Ralf,
If I am not mistaken, I have also seen your other remark about the deficiencies of the system in the forum about jobs posted as urgent and still on the jobs board long after the delivery deadline where you said that the staff is working on it. I am a member of several other translators' internet sites (Translators' Cafe, GoTranslators) and should say that RroZ.com is probably the best. So, my suggestions are not meant to be criticism. They are aimed at its further improvement to our mutual benefit. I would also suggest that the bidding should exclude possibility of using the outsourcer's e-mail address by the bidder.It could be done through an interface with buttons using which the translator would download his profile, rates, etc. and then pressing the "send" button would send the standardised application form. This could also include a test translation. I am sure this would work better than the existing system. For one thing, that would solve the problem of expecting an answer from the outsourcer which should be also routed through ProZone's mailing system. If I get no answer I would assume by default that someone else has been chosen. Of course, that is extra work and you can charge for it, or it can be reflected in the member's fees.
Best regards,
Able
Collapse

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 09:50
Dutch to English
+ ...
Deadlines Jan 5, 2005

With regard to the closing date/time, sometimes a job posting gives a definite deadline but you have no idea what time zone they are in. It would be very helpful, especially in the case of rush robs, to know either the location or the time zone to be able to determine if you can even make the deadline.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Old jobs should be closed automatically

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »