Mobile menu

Quoting in all pairs has been closed ???
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
Local time: 22:23
English to German
+ ...
Jan 27, 2005

Hi! What is this. In my profile I had reported EN-DE and vice versa. Now as I wanted to quote on a job EN-DE, I got the above display "Quoting in all pairs has been closed?" As far as I know, this regulation was not there earlier. Prior to this I had quoted on DE-EN poster.
Appreciate all updating help,
p.s. Just now noted that the poster had been closed. May be that is the reason.

[Edited at 2005-01-27 10:09]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:23
English to German
+ ...
Job closed by the job poster Jan 27, 2005

Hi Brandis,
This means - as you suspect - that the job poster has closed the job completely (as opposed to closing quoting in a single pair only, which is also possible).

HTH, Ralf

Anthony Baldwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:23
Member (2006)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Phew! Jun 6, 2006

I just got this, too, and thought that somehow my account had been erroneously suspended from quoting, or something.
that would be a problem...
So, why didn´t they just close the job, as opposed to closing quoting?
I mean, there MUST be a difference, because sometimes by the time I get a job notification (like, when I´m at court interpreting all day, like today) and click through there is a message that states the the job is closed, and I don´t even have the option of submitting a quote, unlike this case, wherein the job appears to still be open, but quoting was prohibited.

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:23
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Dear Anthony Jun 6, 2006

I tried hard, but I honestly can't see where ProZ can be blamed if the Job Poster has decided he has enough quotes for a certain language pair or if he has decided to close his job.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quoting in all pairs has been closed ???

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs