Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 05:01
English to Italian
+ ...
Feb 22, 2005

Hi all,

I'm planning to go Platinum, but before doing that I'd like to fix something.

I requested the job notification some weeks ago and it worked. Last Sunday, I've changed my e-mail settings and since then I haven't been able to receive job notifications anymore.

I also would like to have a confirmation from yous: is it true that I'm not going to receive a notification for those jobs whose offered rate is lower than my minimum rate (entered here at Proz)
... See more
Hi all,

I'm planning to go Platinum, but before doing that I'd like to fix something.

I requested the job notification some weeks ago and it worked. Last Sunday, I've changed my e-mail settings and since then I haven't been able to receive job notifications anymore.

I also would like to have a confirmation from yous: is it true that I'm not going to receive a notification for those jobs whose offered rate is lower than my minimum rate (entered here at Proz)?

If so, is there any mean to be informed (by job notification) of this kind of jobs too?

I mean... if I entered that my minimum rate for EN>IT translations is 0.07, and I'm going through a very "calm" period (!) and I'd like to bid for a 0.065 job, how can I be immediately alerted? Apart from going to the "Browse job" page, obviously!

Thx
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Do you get other notifications? Feb 22, 2005

Hi Francesca,

What exactly did you change? Can you get other notifications (KudoZ or forum)?

I also would like to have a confirmation from yous: is it true that I'm not going to receive a notification for those jobs whose offered rate is lower than my minimum rate (entered here at Proz)?

Correct - however, there's no difference between Platinum and other members as far as this function is concerned.

If so, is there any mean to be informed (by job notification) of this kind of jobs too?

I'm afraid not - and that's by design.

I mean... if I entered that my minimum rate for EN>IT translations is 0.07, and I'm going through a very "calm" period (!) and I'd like to bid for a 0.065 job, how can I be immediately alerted? Apart from going to the "Browse job" page, obviously!

That would be the only way, however, in this case you would not be able to quote at 0.065 - see Rates FAQ #3 for details.

Best regards,
Ralf

Francesca moletta
Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Feb 22, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Francesca,

What exactly did you change? Can you get other notifications (KudoZ or forum)?

Yes I can get notifications for KudoZ and forum. I went to my profile>Editing your personal data and in the Email address box I wrote my new e-mail address.

Correct - however, there's no difference between Platinum and other members as far as this function is concerned.

I'm afraid not - and that's by design.

That would be the only way, however, in this case you would not be able to quote at 0.065 - see Rates FAQ #3 for details.

Best regards,
Ralf

If so, I think I have a HUGE problem with my rates and I know I cannot change them until the 21st of May!

In fact, I should change them ... or going Platinum will be useless for me. My FR>IT minimum rate is too high, I think I entered it by mistake or maybe I thought I was asked for my standard rate!

Actually I didn't read rate related FAQ carefully and I missed the "3-month thing". Sorry about that

What do you suggest me to do?

Thanks a lot

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Feb 22, 2005

Hi again,
What do you suggest me to do?

Submit a Support Request via the Support section of the site.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

don't receive job notifications + rate related limitations

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »