Thread poster: William Ploeg (X)
William Ploeg (X)
William Ploeg (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:58
English to German
+ ...
Jun 3, 2005

Hi there

When I post a job, I sometimes get up to 50 quotes and for each quote an e-mail. That's annoying. Is there a way to turn off the e-mail notification for quotes? If I want to see quotes, I can go the the quote list and don't need to get an e-mail each time somebody bids.

Bernadette Mora
Bernadette Mora  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi William Jun 3, 2005

William Ploeg wrote:

Hi there

When I post a job, I sometimes get up to 50 quotes and for each quote an e-mail. That's annoying. Is there a way to turn off the e-mail notification for quotes? If I want to see quotes, I can go the the quote list and don't need to get an e-mail each time somebody bids.

Go to:
My Kudoz > Settings > Email preferences > Job notifications . There you can deactivate the corresponding boxes.

Cheers
Bernadette

William Ploeg (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's not the point Jun 3, 2005

Hi Bernadette - thanks for your answer... but that's not the point... I'm talking about the situation that I myself post a job. In the Email preferences you can only choose preferences if you are in the situation of getting jobs.

Bernadette Mora wrote:

William Ploeg wrote:

Hi there

Go to:
My Kudoz > Settings > Email preferences > Job notifications . There you can deactivate the corresponding boxes.

Cheers
Bernadette

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Workaround Jun 3, 2005

Hi William,
When I post a job, I sometimes get up to 50 quotes and for each quote an e-mail. That's annoying.

It would be, however, I just had a look at the jobs you posted - the maximum number of quotes was 17...?

Is there a way to turn off the e-mail notification for quotes? If I want to see quotes, I can go the the quote list and don't need to get an e-mail each time somebody bids.

Currently, there's no way of turning off these notifications, and in fact, most job posters find them convenient. What you could do, of course, is to restrict jobs to Platinum members only - this tends to reduce the number of quotes received.

As an alternative, use a specific e-mail address only for the purposes of receiving job quotes/notifications.

Best regards,
Ralf

William Ploeg (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 3, 2005

Danke für die Info, Ralf. Ich wollte ein besonders anschauliches Beispiel geben und hab darum 50 geschrieben... möglich wärs ja Vielleicht wärs allgemein eine gute Idee, über die Möglichkeit des Abschaltens der e-mail notifications in Form einer Check Box nachzudenken - so wäre es jedem selbst überlassen zu entscheiden, ob er die notifications will oder nicht. Deine Tipps sind für den Moment jedenfalls schon mal sehr hilfr... See more
Danke für die Info, Ralf. Ich wollte ein besonders anschauliches Beispiel geben und hab darum 50 geschrieben... möglich wärs ja Vielleicht wärs allgemein eine gute Idee, über die Möglichkeit des Abschaltens der e-mail notifications in Form einer Check Box nachzudenken - so wäre es jedem selbst überlassen zu entscheiden, ob er die notifications will oder nicht. Deine Tipps sind für den Moment jedenfalls schon mal sehr hilfreich. Vielen Dank und liebe GrüsseCollapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

turn off e-mail notification of bids

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »