New look for job system released
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 11:04
SITE STAFF
Jun 28, 2005

The new look for the job system, in beta testing for the past couple of months, has been released. We will continue to enhance the new system over the coming days. Post any comments on the new system in this forum topic.

Thanks,

Jason

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 16:04
English to German
+ ...
reporting a probable bug Jun 28, 2005

Hi! I have just now placed a bid on a job in my language combination (congratulations the new system seems to be highly visible), and the next min. I have recd. a mail bouncehandler- saying that I have misplaced my bid. I went back to check, and found nothing wrong. I guess this is a bug. Rgds, Brandis

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Was the email titled "Quote Receipt"? Jul 1, 2005

Brandis wrote:

Hi! I have just now placed a bid on a job in my language combination (congratulations the new system seems to be highly visible), and the next min. I have recd. a mail bouncehandler- saying that I have misplaced my bid. I went back to check, and found nothing wrong. I guess this is a bug. Rgds, Brandis

Hi Brandis,

I'm not clear about what email notification you are referring to. Was it titled "Quote Receipt", or was it a different message? Could you paste the contents of the message into a reply?

Thanks,

Jason

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 16:04
English to German
+ ...
nothing serious, I think I understand now! Jul 1, 2005

Jason Grimes wrote:

Brandis wrote:

Hi Brandis,

I'm not clear about what email notification you are referring to. Was it titled "Quote Receipt", or was it a different message? Could you paste the contents of the message into a reply?

Thanks,

Jason
Hi! it is a mail acknowleding my bid entry at the job systems. Since I was not used to this in the former days, I was surprised and misinterpreted it as refusal of my bid by the Proz.job systems. Sorry, the misunderstanding was on my part.
Best Brandis

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Reworded quote receipt notification Jul 1, 2005

Hi Brandis,

Thanks for clarifying.

I have reworded the quote notification email to prevent others from misinterpreting it this way in the future.

Thanks,

Jason

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New look for job system released

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »