https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/35874-are_non_proz_outsourcers_notified_they_have_been_added_to_the_blueboard.html

Are non-proz outsourcers notified they have been added to the Blueboard?
Thread poster: Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:43
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 20, 2005

Hello, I do not seem to be able to find any forum relating to this question. Please redirect me if necessary.

I have just added an outsourcer to the Blueboard specifying my LWA and all the agency's details (yes, I checked if they were listed before I made the entry ! )

I was just wondering, if - as in this case - the outsourcer is not listed in the blueboard and is not a proz.com member, is the agency not
... See more
Hello, I do not seem to be able to find any forum relating to this question. Please redirect me if necessary.

I have just added an outsourcer to the Blueboard specifying my LWA and all the agency's details (yes, I checked if they were listed before I made the entry ! )

I was just wondering, if - as in this case - the outsourcer is not listed in the blueboard and is not a proz.com member, is the agency notified that its details have been posted and that comments (positive, in my case) have been recorded?

Just curious, DZ

[Edited at 2005-08-20 22:20]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Dear Daniela Aug 20, 2005

Email notifications are not sent to anyone who is not a member of ProZ.com. If they were it might be considered as unsolicited emailing i.e.spam

Probably you could invite the agency for which you worked to register with ProZ.com. This way they would be able to read your opinion

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:43
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Notifications go out to all outsourcers Aug 21, 2005

E-mail notifications are sent when an entry is made to an outsourcer's record, but not when a record is first created. These notices are sent to *all* outsourcers, whether or not they are site members. The notices include a link allowing the outsourcer to reply to the comment in the entry. The rule is: one comment/one reply.

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the information Aug 21, 2005

Thanks for the information Yolanda and Natalie, I will inform the agency that I have created a record.
Ciao

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Clarification, if I may... Aug 21, 2005

Yolanda Broad wrote:

These notices are sent to *all* outsourcers, whether or not they are site members.

Sorry Yolanda, but I don't see *how* a non-member (provided member = paying or not) outsourcer could be informed that a record have been made. I had read (I don't remember where) that only the outsourcers who had registered on the site were informed of that, what semms logical to me.
How would proz know the e-mail address of all the outsourcers rated here and send them a notificaiton if they are not registered in the system?
Just imagine the following situation: you own a translation agency and "hire" your translators by your own means (not on workplaces like proz). One of your translators makes an entry on a site you have never heard of (yes, such agencies exist ) and you receive this kind of notification. Would'nt you be surprised?

Any explanation welcome
Sylvain

[Edited at 2005-08-21 14:50]

Yelena.
Yelena.  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:43
English to Russian
+ ...
Blue Board and email addresses Aug 21, 2005

Sylvain,

As far as I can work out, Proz.com stores all email addresses of all outsourcers on their Blue Board. In fact, it is now not possible to create a record for an outsourcer without entering their email address.

[Edited at 2005-08-21 16:49]

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
I know at least one out-outsourcer who was notified Aug 21, 2005

I had added them in the BB (they were not registered in the site), the other day a translator responded to my Call for Entries, and shortly afterwards the outsourcer responded to the translator. And, I've just checked, when you try to add an outsourcer in the database, "Email address" is a required field, so it's not possible that an outsourcer would be listed in the BB without an email address.

HTH
Regards...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are non-proz outsourcers notified they have been added to the Blueboard?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »