Mobile menu

Why can I access some colleagues' Blueboard entries through their profiles?
Thread poster: Stefanie Sendelbach

Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:32
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Aug 23, 2005

Hi everybody,

When browsing through some profiles here on Proz, I noticed that a few actually contain a Blueboard tab (next to the "Kudoz", "Portfolio" and "Personal" tabs) that I can access and where I can read colleagues' BB entries. It happened with the profiles of three colleagues so far. In one of them I could not see the agencies' names, whereas in the other two, everything was there for me (as a visitor!) to read.

Is this a bug or is there a function where one can enable visitors to view one's Blueboard entries?

Have others noticed this as well?

Just wondering...
Stefanie

Direct link Reply with quote

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:32
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Option Aug 23, 2005

I have an option on my blueboard page which allows me to choose whether or not I want others to see my blueboard tab and/or client list. Perhaps these people have selected this option.

Personally, I would never do this because it would enable someone without scruples or someone who disagrees with something you've said to contact your clients and slander you.

Stefanie Sendelbach wrote:

Hi everybody,

When browsing through some profiles here on Proz, I noticed that a few actually contain a Blueboard tab (next to the "Kudoz", "Portfolio" and "Personal" tabs) that I can access and where I can read colleagues' BB entries. It happened with the profiles of three colleagues so far. In one of them I could not see the agencies' names, whereas in the other two, everything was there for me (as a visitor!) to read.

Is this a bug or is there a function where one can enable visitors to view one's Blueboard entries?

Have others noticed this as well?

Just wondering...
Stefanie

Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:32
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That explains it Aug 23, 2005

Jeff Whittaker wrote:

I have an option on my blueboard page which allows me to choose whether or not I want others to see my blueboard tab and/or client list. Perhaps these people have selected this option.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the explanation. On my BB page it only says
- "Have you worked for agencies not listed? Add more" at the top and
- "Note: This page is visible only to you and to ProZ.com "jobs" moderators and staff" at the bottom.

Must be an option for full Platinum members I guess. I just wanted to make sure not the whole world can check my BB entries without me knowing it.

Stefanie

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 22:32
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
The idea behind it Aug 23, 2005

I remember that when moderators discussed this tab, we were told that we would have the choice to make it visible or not. This option exists, you must chose "owner's view" and "Blue Board". But the message at the bottom doesn't seem to be the right one (maybe it hasn't been updated). Mine is slightly different because I'm recognized as a moderator.

The idea behind this is that if I'm satisfied with an outsourcer and I make a kind comment about him, he'll answer to my comment (probably with a kind comment too). Being able to show this to potential customers could work as a recommendation. We would also be able to show these entries or not. I had thought that this would be independent choices (showing just the good comments for instance), but it seems that it is just a general option, yes or no.

I don't mind showing mine. What would happen if someone wants to slander me, as Jeff says? If I made an entry it's because I know the outsourcer and he knows me, I don't see any risk (unless it's not a wise person, in this case it's better to be far from him). For now, I'll give it a try.

Claudia

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 21:32
SITE FOUNDER
You don't have to show client names Aug 23, 2005

Jeff Whittaker wrote:

Personally, I would never do this because it would enable someone without scruples or someone who disagrees with something you've said to contact your clients and slander you.

You're right about why some are visible, Jeff; showing your Blue Board tab is a platinum-only option. But please note that you don't have to show client names in this page; those can be hidden.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why can I access some colleagues' Blueboard entries through their profiles?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs