Thread poster: Katja Vuorisalo
Katja Vuorisalo
Katja Vuorisalo  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 23:49
French to Finnish
+ ...
Sep 15, 2005

I have a question about the Blue Board. What are the 'records' and 'member entries'? Is the record the number of people who have a complaint about this agency? I just recently made a test translation to one person (I'm not sure why she outsourced the work, if it's a person, not an agency) who promised to pay me for this translation (about 650 words) but she doesn't answer me anymore once she got the test translation to be delivered to her client. So I wonder if she will ever answer me, if I'm ju... See more
I have a question about the Blue Board. What are the 'records' and 'member entries'? Is the record the number of people who have a complaint about this agency? I just recently made a test translation to one person (I'm not sure why she outsourced the work, if it's a person, not an agency) who promised to pay me for this translation (about 650 words) but she doesn't answer me anymore once she got the test translation to be delivered to her client. So I wonder if she will ever answer me, if I'm just being impatient or if I should warn others about this person, because I see she is looking for people from different countries for the similar job all the time...Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:49
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Dear Katerina Sep 15, 2005

You may find the description of how the BlueBoard works here:
http://www.proz.com/faq/blue_board_agency

The number of records is the number of entries (good or bad) done by people who worked for this outsourser.

In general it is not allowed to make entries for outsourcers on the basis of test translations only (see paragraph 17 in the BB FAQ page). But if the outs
... See more
You may find the description of how the BlueBoard works here:
http://www.proz.com/faq/blue_board_agency

The number of records is the number of entries (good or bad) done by people who worked for this outsourser.

In general it is not allowed to make entries for outsourcers on the basis of test translations only (see paragraph 17 in the BB FAQ page). But if the outsourcer promised you to pay for this test, then the situation may be different. In any case, before posting anything on the BB, please contact any of the jobs moderators:
http://www.proz.com/?sp=mod/list&show_mode=jobs_mods&job_id=87610

P.S. I moved this thread to ProZ.com job systems forum

[Edited at 2005-09-15 13:52]
Collapse

Katja Vuorisalo
Katja Vuorisalo  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 23:49
French to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Natalie... Sep 15, 2005

[quote]Natalie wrote:

In general it is not allowed to make entries for outsourcers on the basis of test translations only (see paragraph 17 in the BB FAQ page). But if the outsourcer promised you to pay for this test, then the situation may be different.

for the information and Yes, she actually promised to pay me for the job so I definitely think she should pay then.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blue Board -how does it work?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »