I'm a Platinum member - yet I can't quote for jobs?
Thread poster: Federica Masante
Federica Masante
Federica Masante  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:54
Italian to English
+ ...
Oct 6, 2005

Hi,

I have just realised that since this morning I have not been able to quote for jobs restricted to Plat members even though I am a Platinum member myself! The "quote for this job" icon has disappeared and at the top of the page I get a message saying: You do not meet the necessary criteria to quote for this job. Can someone tell me what's going on?
Thanks
Federica

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
More restrictions Oct 6, 2005

Recently I came across a job posting that had several restrictions. Beside Platinum membership, it required certain skills and specializations. It was only because I met the criteria that I was able to post a quote. Otherwise, so I assume, I would not have been able to quote.

Did you check whether there were any more restrictions?

Sonja

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:54
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
More restrictions set by job posters Oct 6, 2005

Hi Federica,

These restrictions do not have to do with your Platinum membership, but are the result bound to the new option of the Job Posting Form. Job posters may set more requirements, thus restricting the access to the quoting system for a specific job. I don't know which is the job, but please check whether you meet all criteria (required field of expertise, CATs, native language.. whatever as set in the job posting). You should also read in a sort of summary on top of the job
... See more
Hi Federica,

These restrictions do not have to do with your Platinum membership, but are the result bound to the new option of the Job Posting Form. Job posters may set more requirements, thus restricting the access to the quoting system for a specific job. I don't know which is the job, but please check whether you meet all criteria (required field of expertise, CATs, native language.. whatever as set in the job posting). You should also read in a sort of summary on top of the job posting if you meet all requirements or not.

Giuliana

[Modificato alle 2005-10-06 06:59]
Collapse

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:54
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Stricter requirements Oct 6, 2005

Outsourcers using the site to post their jobs used to be flooded by irrelevant applications. For example, posting a job for a medical translation, or some other specific subject, they could receive dozedn of applications from generalists, technical or legal translators... basically "spam".

The site, to streamline the contacts between outsourcers and relevant providers of linguistic services, has implemented a change, and some requirements can be specified now as "preferred" or "requ
... See more
Outsourcers using the site to post their jobs used to be flooded by irrelevant applications. For example, posting a job for a medical translation, or some other specific subject, they could receive dozedn of applications from generalists, technical or legal translators... basically "spam".

The site, to streamline the contacts between outsourcers and relevant providers of linguistic services, has implemented a change, and some requirements can be specified now as "preferred" or "required".

If the requirement is "preferred" any ProZ.com member can still apply for a job. If the requirement is "required", is is necessary to match it.

For example: if a particular CAT tool is required, it must be listed in the profile, to be allowed to apply.
If an outsourcer is requiring a vendor from France, only members resident in France can apply, and so on...

I welcome this change and I'm sure the outsources will be happy too, this will encourage them to post more jobs on the site, and in turn it will mean more contacts and not fewer.

bye
Gianfranco
Collapse

Federica Masante
Federica Masante  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Right on! Oct 6, 2005

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your replies. I guess I need to keep my finger on the pulse with all the changes that have been kicking around the Proz community! I get the picture now. And it does make perfect sense!!
Cheers for setting the record straight.

Happy translating to all.

Federica

justin C
justin C
United States
Local time: 01:54
English
Recent job system changes Oct 6, 2005

Hi Federica!

Sorry if this caused any confusion for you..

There is a thread indicating the changes made to the jobs system at http://www.proz.com/topic/37332

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Justin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I'm a Platinum member - yet I can't quote for jobs?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »