Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:32
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 23, 2005

A ProZ moderator wrote to me:
your profile is an outsourcer, not a freelancer, profile.

I'm not sure how one goes about changing
one's profile settings from "outsourcer" to "freelance," but probably you take a look at the settings in your profile, to see what
can be done.

I replied:
In my profile I clicked on "Edit personal data" and found that I am already described as a "Freelancer", though I suppose I should change it to "Both" if I am postin
... See more

one's profile settings from "outsourcer" to "freelance," but probably you take a look at the settings in your profile, to see what
can be done.

I replied:
In my profile I clicked on "Edit personal data" and found that I am already described as a "Freelancer", though I suppose I should change it to "Both" if I am posting jobs
Shall we post it to a forum?

Moderator:
Posting to a forum might be a good idea, as a matter of fact. Any chance you could do that?

Any ideas why I appeared as an outsourcer in the Jobs postings but as a frellancer in my profile. Would the best thing be to change to "Both"?
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:32
English to German
+ ...
"Agency/Freelancer" vs. "Outsourcer" Nov 24, 2005

Hi Anthony,

Are you sure that this is what she wrote? Could it be that she was referring to your profile being associated with an outsourcer record on the Blue Board?

You see, the BB does not distinguish between agencies and freelancers - this is because many freelancers are also outsourcing work; hence, we refer to them as outsourcers (note that this is one of the reasons why we don't use the concept of agencies in the BB any longer).

one's profile settings from "outsourcer" to "freelance," but probably you take a look at the settings in your profile, to see what can be done.

My ProZ.com - My Profile - Edit personal data.

In my profile I clicked on "Edit personal data" and found that I am already described as a "Freelancer", though I suppose I should change it to "Both" if I am posting jobs

Not necessarily.

Any ideas why I appeared as an outsourcer in the Jobs postings but as a frellancer in my profile. Would the best thing be to change to "Both"?

Once again, not necessarily - if you're outsourcing on a regular and commercial basis, you may consider changing your profile to both, but if you're only farming out on occasions, I don't see a need to do so. Once again, the BB record is not directly/automatically linked to your profile data.

Hope this helps - BTW I'm moving this to the Jobs Systems forum.

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outsourcer or Freelancer

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »