Job notification options for non-members
Thread poster: Momoka (X)
Momoka (X)
Momoka (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:27
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 4, 2006

Today I received a notification for a job posted by an outsourcer who had chosen to restrict it to Proz.com members. Not being a member, I wanted to filter this kind of notifications through some kind of option in the Job notifications page, but there wasn't such an option there. Did I look in the wrong place? If not, could this kind of option be included (only notifications for non-members, or something like that?).
It's not that I find it annoying, but I'd prefer not to receive notif
... See more
Today I received a notification for a job posted by an outsourcer who had chosen to restrict it to Proz.com members. Not being a member, I wanted to filter this kind of notifications through some kind of option in the Job notifications page, but there wasn't such an option there. Did I look in the wrong place? If not, could this kind of option be included (only notifications for non-members, or something like that?).
It's not that I find it annoying, but I'd prefer not to receive notifications of jobs I can't quote on.
Thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2006-03-04 05:02]
Collapse

mediamatrix (X)
mediamatrix (X)
Local time: 00:27
Spanish to English
+ ...
a suggestion ... Mar 5, 2006

I think it would be helpful if jobs that are reserved for members until some deadline has passed could be notified to non-members when that deadline expires, rather than concurrently with the notification to members.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:27
SITE FOUNDER
I'll make a note of the request to add this option Mar 5, 2006

Momoka wrote:

Today I received a notification for a job posted by an outsourcer who had chosen to restrict it to Proz.com members. Not being a member, I wanted to filter this kind of notifications through some kind of option in the Job notifications page, but there wasn't such an option there. Did I look in the wrong place?

No, we do not have that option yet. When the issue first came up, a number of non-members expressed a preference to be notified of job restricted postings, too.

Adding this option sounds like a good idea. I will make a note of it.

Momoka (X)
Momoka (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:27
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Henry. Mar 6, 2006

Henry wrote:

Adding this option sounds like a good idea. I will make a note of it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Job notification options for non-members

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »