Portuguese turned into Portuguese (BR) in Jobs
Thread poster: Elisabete Cunha

Elisabete Cunha  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 06:02
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 25, 2006

I was looking at the jobs page and found out that suddenly all jobs for Portuguese have a (BR). Are all jobs for Brazilian Portuguese? I don't think so... I've tried and didn't find any job for European Portuguese.
Even jobs that once were to Portuguese (EU) were change to (BR). Why??

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-04-26 12:49]

Direct link Reply with quote

lidiasoliveira  Identity Verified
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same question Apr 25, 2006

I was going to ask the same question. When I tried to edit my profil, all my language pairs were changed to portuguese (BR) and I want to add some terms to my glossary and it only appears portguese (BR). What happened?

CristinaPereira  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Portuguese BR Apr 25, 2006

And I was looking at kudoz questions right now and found that there is only the "Portuguese ( BR)" language!!!

Before I had my dinner there was nothing but "Portuguese". My own questions today are named as "Portuguese (BR)>English". And I certainly didn't choose that option. What is happening here?

Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm glad I'm not the only one confused Apr 25, 2006

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused with this. This is so weird, because I don't know wether I can quote or not, because I am not sure if the jobs posted are really for Portuguese (BR)... But the most strange thing is that even my native language now appears as Portuguese(BR) and I am definitely Portuguese(EU)! I didn't choose that language.

Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My rates and working languages also indicate the Portuguese (BR) Apr 25, 2006

Can someone explain this? Suddenly the Portuguese (EU) was replaced by the Brazilian Portuguese???
Now my rates and working languages also indicate the same mistake. Is someone else having the same problem, beside me and Cristina?

Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:02
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

I have just submitted a support request Apr 25, 2006

Site developers have been working on the Language Lists. I assume that Portuguese (EU) got lost inadvertently. I trust it will be back quickly.

Enrique Cavalitto
Local time: 03:02
SITE STAFF
Sorry for the inconveniences Apr 26, 2006

Thanks for bringing this issue forward.
It was an error, it should be solved already.
We regret the inconveniences.
Regards,
Enrique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Portuguese turned into Portuguese (BR) in Jobs

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs