"This job has been squashed by a moderator"
Thread poster: Moofi
Moofi
Moofi  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:32
Polish to English
+ ...
May 1, 2006

First of all, apologies if this in the wrong folder, but I honestly couldn't see where it might best go. I know Ralf keeps an eagle-eye on this one, so I thought I'd stick it here.

Anyway, I just bid on a job that I was notified about by email, and after submitting my quote I hit the 'back' button in IEx, and was greeted by a bright red message (see above).

I was wondering what this means, as I've seen it once or twice before under various cirucmstances. I'm hoping it's
... See more
First of all, apologies if this in the wrong folder, but I honestly couldn't see where it might best go. I know Ralf keeps an eagle-eye on this one, so I thought I'd stick it here.

Anyway, I just bid on a job that I was notified about by email, and after submitting my quote I hit the 'back' button in IEx, and was greeted by a bright red message (see above).

I was wondering what this means, as I've seen it once or twice before under various cirucmstances. I'm hoping it's just a default error message, and not because I've the incredible good timing to bid on a job for a bunch of pirates whose existance was coincidentaly obliterated from the Proz universe just as I applied to them They did have one of the best bb raatings I've ever seen though...

[Edited at 2006-05-01 15:46]
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:32
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
There are many reasons why a job is removed May 1, 2006

Hi Moofi,

That sentence only means that the job was removed, not necessarily because the job was posted by a non-payer.

Missing contact name or address, third party jobs or job not respecting equal opportunity, for example, are not to be approved, i.e. reason for squashing if such jobs go online directly, but it really depends on the job.

I presume the job didn't require any approval and went directly online, as normally jobs approved by Jobs/BB moderators
... See more
Hi Moofi,

That sentence only means that the job was removed, not necessarily because the job was posted by a non-payer.

Missing contact name or address, third party jobs or job not respecting equal opportunity, for example, are not to be approved, i.e. reason for squashing if such jobs go online directly, but it really depends on the job.

I presume the job didn't require any approval and went directly online, as normally jobs approved by Jobs/BB moderators are not squashed afterwards.

Without the link to the job I can't really tell..

Giuliana
Collapse

Moofi
Moofi  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:32
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 1, 2006

Thanks Giuliana, that's all I needed to know

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"This job has been squashed by a moderator"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »