Thread poster: Ivana de Sousa Santos

Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:50
French to Portuguese
+ ...
May 31, 2006

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this. If it's not I am sorry.

Yesterday I went to chech a BB record to which I "bought" access to it with 50 brownies by September/October last year.

I am sure I bought the access to it because it was a new company that was contacting me and I wanted to know information about it.

Isn't access ilimited once you buy access to it?

Some other day last week, I wanted to check another BB record to which I guess (this time I'm not sure) I had bought access and I couldn't unless I paid for it. As I wasn't sure if I had done it or not I didn't bother and didn't even bought the access because I could see this company's rate.

Thank you for any answer.
Ivana

Direct link Reply with quote

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 00:50
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
answer May 31, 2006

If you are not a paying member of the site, you have to "pay" 50 browniz points to access each record of the BB.

Paying members have unlimited access.

I hope this answers your question.

regards,
Csaba

xxxEmmanuelleAn  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Member and still have to pay May 31, 2006

I am a partial member and I still have to pay with Browniz to check BB records. This is not fair!

Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:50
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Yes, access is supposed to be illimited *to the record paid for* May 31, 2006

I'd recommend submitting a Support Request: perhaps the record of your payment got lost somewhere over the past year.

Ivana de Sousa Santos wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this. If it's not I am sorry.

Yesterday I went to chech a BB record to which I "bought" access to it with 50 brownies by September/October last year.

I am sure I bought the access to it because it was a new company that was contacting me and I wanted to know information about it.

Some other day last week, I wanted to check another BB record to which I guess (this time I'm not sure) I had bought access and I couldn't unless I paid for it. As I wasn't sure if I had done it or not I didn't bother and didn't even bought the access because I could see this company's rate.

Thank you for any answer.
Ivana

justin C
United States
English
Yes, please submit a support ticket! May 31, 2006

Hello all,

Hi Ivana, please submit a support ticket as Yolonda suggested, and I will look into the problem as soon as possible. You should have unlimited access to the record you purchased with BrowniZ.

Best Regards,
Justin

sokolniki  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:50
English to Russian
+ ...
Speaking of which.. May 31, 2006

.. I have another BB/BB payment question: am I supposed to be charged for the BB info if I made an entry for this specific company? The funny thing is that once I open a BB page for this firm, I can read my entry but am denied access to other entries until I pay. This information exchange looks like one-way traffic, until you pay toll.

Thanks in advance,
Bella

Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:50
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I will submit a report May 31, 2006

Thank you for your replies.

Best,
Ivana

Lincoln Silveira
Brazil
Local time: 19:50
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Just for the record... May 31, 2006

... I experienced the same "issue" with BB entries as Ivana a couple of times.

Regards,

Niina Lahokoski  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:50
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
+ ...
I had the same problem May 31, 2006

I had the same problem with several records.

You can see from My Wallet what you have used your Browniz for. I had some records there that I didn't remeber buying access to, and some of the ones I remembered (i.e. records of my current clients) weren't in the list. I submitted a support ticket, but after several messages the problem wasn't really solved, because unfortunately there was no way I could prove that I had bought access to these records.

Izabella: I think that even if you have made an entry, you must pay to see the other entries.

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Same problem here Jun 1, 2006

justin wrote:
PS: EmmanuelleAnn - you should have full access to the Blue Board as a partial member (jobs). I will look into this problem as well, and notify you with what I find.

I actually have the same problem. I signed up for parrtial (jobs) membership earlier this week, but I still have to pay 50 BrownieZ...!

Thanks!

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Full BB access is not included in partial membership Jun 1, 2006

Hi EmmanuelleAnn,

I am a partial member and I still have to pay with Browniz to check BB records. This is not fair!

Please have a look at the description
of partial membership benefits. BB access is not included in either of the two partial membership categories; at the bottom of the page, it says:

Full membership includes all the benefits of the two partial memberships, as well as additional benefits such as unlimited access to the Blue Board of translation outsourcers.

You might not agree with the specification, but it's set out quite clearly.

Best regards,
Ralf

writeaway  Identity Verified

Partial member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
No-once access is 'bought' that access remains Jun 1, 2006

Csaba Ban wrote:

If you are not a paying member of the site, you have to "pay" 50 browniz points to access each record of the BB.

Paying members have unlimited access.

I hope this answers your question.

regards,
Csaba

I beg to differ. Once a person has 'bought' access to view an agency on the BB, then they retain access to that particular agency. They don't have to 'pay' again.

Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 01:50
Italian to Danish
+ ...
The Blue Board - The Jewel In The Crown Jun 1, 2006

I can't say whether it's the best part of ProZ.com, but it's certainly the most useful in everyday work! Or is it? It might be Kudoz? Or it might be the forums...

But it's certainly well worth the 50 cents a day for full membership and can easily pay back your costs by having the opportunity to avoid a bad payer in time!

That said, you should naturally have full access over time to information about a certain agency for which you have once paid the access fee.

paolamonaco  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Same here Jun 1, 2006

I experienced the same problem and "payed" twice for the same BB entry. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the outsourcer(

justin C
United States
English
There does not appear to be a technical problem Jun 1, 2006

Hello all,

I checked into the problem and found no technical problem with the Blue Board, or the wallet. All Blue Board records that are purchased (with BrowniZ or cash) are recorded as transactions in your wallet. If you do not see the transaction in your wallet, this means the 50 BrowniZ was not actually taken out of your account. Therefore, you should have never had access to the record if it is not in your wallet ( http://www.proz.com/?sp=wallet/h ).

If anyone has had this problem recently, and knows on what date they purchased the record originally, please contact me through my profile mail ( http://www.proz.com/?sp=mailsend&eid_s=100058 ), or submit a support ticket.

Izabella: I think that even if you have made an entry, you must pay to see the other entries.

This is correct.

Best Regards,
Justin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I had to "buy" access to a BB record once again

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs