Thread poster: Mayte Vega
Mayte Vega
Mayte Vega  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 24, 2006

Don't you feel that with this new feature it will no longer be "My Proz.com Profile"?

And,instead, it will turn to be a track record for outsourcers?

I mean that if I am to consider it My Profile, I must agree with its contents.

Kind regards,

Mayte

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:57
English to French
+ ...
It sounds plausible Jun 24, 2006

You can look at it this way. There is a huge discussion on this that generated over 130 replies. While I am not saying it is a bad idea, I do feel it puts me in danger - see other topic.

For now, most people seem to disagree with this new feature (the outsourcer likeliness to work with translator again). Let's observe and see what happens. As somebody pointed out in the other thread, usually, when ProZ implements a new feature that people don't want, it dies a swift death. I think i
... See more
You can look at it this way. There is a huge discussion on this that generated over 130 replies. While I am not saying it is a bad idea, I do feel it puts me in danger - see other topic.

For now, most people seem to disagree with this new feature (the outsourcer likeliness to work with translator again). Let's observe and see what happens. As somebody pointed out in the other thread, usually, when ProZ implements a new feature that people don't want, it dies a swift death. I think it's best to just see how the situation evolves. In the meantime, if you don't like it, you can opt out. It is what I did, for reasons that are also explained in the other thread.

Cheers!

[Edited at 2006-06-24 17:10]
Collapse

Mayte Vega
Mayte Vega  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:57
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You're right, Viktoria! Jun 24, 2006

Let's wait!

They are surely doing their best on this issue.

In the meantime, I'll keep my old profile.

Have a nice weekend!

Mayte

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
I am afraid you can't do that Jun 24, 2006

Sorry to say, but it seems that even if you set your old profile to be shown to visitors, the new one will show. I think they are in the process of dropping the old profile - and more heated discussions will soon take place on how to improve the new profile so we don't miss the old. Funny, when the new profile format was introduced, everybody loved it, and now, people say it's cluttered, busy and that it's content is harder to control.

By the way, there are now almost 180 replies to
... See more
Sorry to say, but it seems that even if you set your old profile to be shown to visitors, the new one will show. I think they are in the process of dropping the old profile - and more heated discussions will soon take place on how to improve the new profile so we don't miss the old. Funny, when the new profile format was introduced, everybody loved it, and now, people say it's cluttered, busy and that it's content is harder to control.

By the way, there are now almost 180 replies to the discussion on the new WWA feature. Ant some people are getting ANGRY!!!

Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
You can keep your old profile... Jun 24, 2006

... but the site will be linking to the new one from more and more places.

To reach your old profile, go to: http://www.proz.com/pro

To see your new one, go to: http://www.proz.com/profile

We have no plans to discontinue the old profiles.

But as Viktoria suggests, please purs
... See more
... but the site will be linking to the new one from more and more places.

To reach your old profile, go to: http://www.proz.com/pro

To see your new one, go to: http://www.proz.com/profile

We have no plans to discontinue the old profiles.

But as Viktoria suggests, please pursue this topic either in the thread for profiles, or the thread for feedback.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

With due respect.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »