Notification of a job already closed
Thread poster: Anabel Canon
Anabel Canon
Anabel Canon
Local time: 10:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2006

I have this little doubt: I have just received a notification (at 7.30 pm) of a job that had already been closed at 5 pm. Is this normal? I sometimes check my notifications a couple of hours after the were sent, so I have never noticed it before.

Teresa Bento
Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:28
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It can happen Aug 23, 2006

If the outsourcer is desperately looking for a translator, I think he can post a job offer and close it immediately, after finding what he/ she wanted. It's not very frequent, but I have seen it happen a couple of times, probably due to short deadlines.

Better luck next time!

[Edited at 2006-08-23 17:35]

[Edited at 2006-08-23 17:36]

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 11:28
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
I know the job you are talking about Aug 23, 2006

Quoting deadline: 5:00pm Aug 23, 2006
Posted: 4:52pm GMT
therefore the job was automatically closed before we managed to vet it. (8 minutes, all moderators are freelancers and are not online all the time)

I have asked the job poster to repost it.
And please note, that site time at the moment is 17:54 (you can see it in the right upper corner of ProZ page.

Uldis,
ProZ jobs' moderator

Maria Canon wrote:

I have this little doubt: I have just received a notification (at 7.30 pm) of a job that had already been closed at 5 pm. Is this normal? I sometimes check my notifications a couple of hours after the were sent, so I have never noticed it before.

Anabel Canon
Anabel Canon
Local time: 10:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you both! Aug 23, 2006

Mistery solved. Thanks a lot for the explanations; and yes, I am aware that it's impossible to be online all the time... it just puzzled me to get the notification when it was closed. And thanks for pointing the real time, Uldis!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Notification of a job already closed

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »