Any news about mobile access to jobs?
Thread poster: Luca Tutino

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:09
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 25, 2007

Just tried to click on the link of a job notification from a blackberry: the browser opened and gave http error 406.

Also accessing from the homepage is complicated and it usually ends up in some kind of error.

It would be really great to have a special wap section at least for bidding: I am rarely away, but my ideal jobs always come up while I am away!

Direct link Reply with quote

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:09
English to Indonesian
+ ...
can access on mobile Mar 25, 2007

i can access on my treo. i can even access and bet on jobs, but still it would be nicer if there's dedicated mobile site.

Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Dutch to German
+ ...
No problem with Windows Mobile Mar 25, 2007

Well, I thought about buying a Blackberry, no I am glad I did not. Windows Mobile Phone Edition opens everything I want on (and not only there). I tested Symbian before on a Sony Ericsson phone, which was fine as well, although a bit more trickier.
And yes, I already landed some succesful bids just tapping on my smartphone.

@Mulyadi: dedicated mobile site seconded.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any news about mobile access to jobs?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs