Bad experience with company
Thread poster: Martina Schwartz
Martina Schwartz
Martina Schwartz  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:10
Polish to English
+ ...
May 8, 2007

How can I announce, if at all possible, through Proz.com extremely bad experience with a company I hired (the company answered my job advertisement on proz.com) for translations and interpretation. I would like others to avoid making the same mistake I did andstay away from this company at all costs as far as possible.
Thank you.
Regards,
Martina

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:10
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Blue Board May 8, 2007

Dear Martina,
Good to "see" you here

Please go and make an entry to the Blue Board: http://www.proz.com/blueboard

First check if the said company already has an entry, meaning if their profile is already registered with the Blue Board. If not, you need to create one. Then, you can make your own entry. Believe me, it works well.

Sorry to hear about this experience. You are one of the best organizers I have ever met. Hope you are doing well.

Monika

Martina Schwartz wrote:

How can I announce, if at all possible, through Proz.com extremely bad experience with a company I hired (the company answered my job advertisement on proz.com) for translations and interpretation. I would like others to avoid making the same mistake I did andstay away from this company at all costs as far as possible.
Thank you.
Regards,
Martina

Yolande Haneder (X)
Yolande Haneder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:10
German to French
+ ...
Blue board is not for this case May 8, 2007

Dear Monika,

I think you misunderstood her. She wants to warn *against a company she hired*, e.g. to whom she outsourced.

Unfortunately this had been asked again and again and so far Proz refused to offer this option (for reasons I understand) and it is also not possible to send a negative feedback about a work done.

This prompts some companies to the last option of sending *mass e-mails* to any other agency they know about their problems about some transla
... See more
Dear Monika,

I think you misunderstood her. She wants to warn *against a company she hired*, e.g. to whom she outsourced.

Unfortunately this had been asked again and again and so far Proz refused to offer this option (for reasons I understand) and it is also not possible to send a negative feedback about a work done.

This prompts some companies to the last option of sending *mass e-mails* to any other agency they know about their problems about some translators.

This only make outsourcers more careful the next time.

Yolande

[Edited at 2007-05-08 16:49]
Collapse

Martina Schwartz
Martina Schwartz  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any other avenues of citation? May 8, 2007

Thank you, Monica (so good to say 'hi' again and Yolande. This concerns the Azerbaijani language but is an issue with the manager of the company, not the interpreters he hired. They are absolutely fantastic! So, there is nothing really, I can do as far as utilizing the proz.com resources, to warn people not to work with this company, huh?
Best,
Martina

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Moving this thread to the Jobs Systems forum May 8, 2007

Nancy

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Service providers can post about the outsourcer who hired *them* May 8, 2007

Whether or not you were the end client, or the next client up the chain, if you know of a case where the service providers (interpreters, in this case) were misused by the outsourcer (contractor or subcontractor) who hired them, it would be entirely appropriate for those service providers to post to the Blue Board concerning the people they worked for.

And, of course, if you know of other cases where the service providers were well treated by the subcontractor, they should also be e
... See more
Whether or not you were the end client, or the next client up the chain, if you know of a case where the service providers (interpreters, in this case) were misused by the outsourcer (contractor or subcontractor) who hired them, it would be entirely appropriate for those service providers to post to the Blue Board concerning the people they worked for.

And, of course, if you know of other cases where the service providers were well treated by the subcontractor, they should also be encouraged to post to the Blue Board about their experience working for that subcontractor.
Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:10
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Sorry, I got confused May 8, 2007

Yolande Haneder wrote:

Dear Monika,

This prompts some companies to the last option of sending *mass e-mails* to any other agency they know about their problems about some translators.

This only make outsourcers more careful the next time.

Yolande

Yes, you are right Yolande. Sorry about confusing you Martina. Since you served as an "outsourcer," you cannot make an entry into the Blue Board.

As Yolanda Broad said: Service providers can post about the outsourcer who hired *them*.

Monika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bad experience with company

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »