https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/7551-rules_on_closing_job_postings.html

Rules on closing job postings
Thread poster: Domenica Grangiotti
Domenica Grangiotti
Domenica Grangiotti  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:32
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 9, 2003

Are there any rules on closing job postings? I remember reading somewhere that there is no \"obligation\" for the poster to close a posting or to inform applicants when a job has been assigned.

Seen from the part of the applicant, it would be best if we could know when a job has been assigned, not to waste time on unnecessary bids, for example.

Thanks for discussing the subject.

RHELLER
RHELLER
United States
Local time: 01:32
French to English
+ ...
I agree with Domenica! Jan 9, 2003

Thank you for bringing up this valuable point.

Job postings which remain open for several days are a waste of time for translators.

This also brings up the point of future availability. After bidding on a job which would require 2-3 full days of work, it would be nice to know as quickly as possible if one has been turned down.

Thanks.

Happy New Year to all! May the world\'s nations find a way to have peace in 2003!
... See more
Thank you for bringing up this valuable point.

Job postings which remain open for several days are a waste of time for translators.

This also brings up the point of future availability. After bidding on a job which would require 2-3 full days of work, it would be nice to know as quickly as possible if one has been turned down.

Thanks.

Happy New Year to all! May the world\'s nations find a way to have peace in 2003!

Rita
[addsig]
Collapse

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:32
German to English
+ ...
Also agree with Domenica Jan 9, 2003

>... a waste of time for translators.<

Not only a waste of time, but money/Browniz, too, for those who are not Platinum members.

Trudy

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
I raised this issue already Jan 9, 2003

some month or two ago (seems to have vanished, in the meantime, can\'t find it).

No reply, no action, nothing so far.

At least, after 2-3 days, the outsourcers should be bombed with reminders to close their postings several times a day to make them get bored by useless e-mails.

It\'s simply unfair when some people are too lazy to do this simple thing.

Maybe, it would help to limit the possibility to enter a deadl
... See more
some month or two ago (seems to have vanished, in the meantime, can\'t find it).

At least, after 2-3 days, the outsourcers should be bombed with reminders to close their postings several times a day to make them get bored by useless e-mails.

Maybe, it would help to limit the possibility to enter a deadline for the outsourcer by maximum a week and to start bombing them, at least, after three days? Anyway, most jobs are urgent and outsourcers wouldn\'t need one month in advance to choose appropriate translators.
Collapse

Rick Henry
Rick Henry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:32
Italian to English
+ ...
There already is the field "Do not bid after..." Jan 9, 2003

I wonder if the system couldn\'t be made to automatically close out the job postings on/after that date.

R.

==

Quote:

On 2003-01-09 19:51, Steffen Pollex wrote:

At least, after 2-3 days, the outsourcers should be bombed with reminders... See more
I wonder if the system couldn\'t be made to automatically close out the job postings on/after that date.

R.

==

Quote:

On 2003-01-09 19:51, Steffen Pollex wrote:

Maybe, it would help to limit the possibility to enter a deadline for the outsourcer by maximum a week and to start bombing them, at least, after three days? Anyway, most jobs are urgent and outsourcers wouldn\'t need one month in advance to choose appropriate translators.

Collapse

Domenica Grangiotti
Domenica Grangiotti  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jacek, here it is Jan 9, 2003

I found it.

I remember reading your comments.

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic_id=7134&forum_id=13

Reminders are a good idea, as with the grading of Kudoz questions.

I do not believe dates are enough!

Good night

Something else came to my mind right now. Closed job postings should not be completely \'obscured\', just \'frozen\' otherwise the function \'Previou
... See more
I found it.

I remember reading your comments.

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic_id=7134&forum_id=13

Reminders are a good idea, as with the grading of Kudoz questions.

I do not believe dates are enough!

Good night

Something else came to my mind right now. Closed job postings should not be completely \'obscured\', just \'frozen\' otherwise the function \'Previous Job Postings\' available when bidding is no use (you are bound to open a lot of *this job posting has been closed* windows).

What do you think?

[ This Message was edited byn2003-01-09 22:56]

Sorry, Steffen. I meant YOU! I must have been sleeping already

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-01-10 07:46]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rules on closing job postings

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »