https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_job_systems/75626-notes_from_site_staff_in_the_blue_board_should_be_more_visible.html

Notes from site staff in the Blue Board should be more visible
Thread poster: Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:20
English to German
+ ...
Jun 16, 2007

Today I browsed the Blue Board, and I was about to apply to an outsourcer who has been banned from posting jobs on Proz since March 2006.

The point is that I barely paid attention to the note by the site staff placed in extremely small letters and in the usual black color at the very top of the page.

Couldn't this be changed in a way to make banned outsourcers more visible to us?

And wouldn't it be worth deleting profiles of banned outsourcers from the Blue
... See more
Today I browsed the Blue Board, and I was about to apply to an outsourcer who has been banned from posting jobs on Proz since March 2006.

The point is that I barely paid attention to the note by the site staff placed in extremely small letters and in the usual black color at the very top of the page.

Couldn't this be changed in a way to make banned outsourcers more visible to us?

And wouldn't it be worth deleting profiles of banned outsourcers from the Blue Board alltogether, so as not to call confusion?

As for me, I do not feel the need to be informed in detail on outsourcers who will never again be allowed to place a job on Proz.

At least, it should be more visible to the translators that such outsourcers are banned.

What do you think?

Steffen

[Edited at 2007-06-16 20:09]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Yes and no Jun 16, 2007

Hello Steffen,

Yes, I agree that a colorised and thus more visible note would be fine.

And wouldn't it be worth deleting profiles of banned outsourcers from the Blue Board alltogether, so as not to call confusion?

As fiorme, I do not feel need to be informed in detail on outsourcers who will never again be allowed to place a job on Proz.

In my opinion this is a very bad idea. The records should no doubts be kept and all information should be visible. Otherwise how would you know that this outsourcer is banned for non-payment?

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:20
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
They might contact you by other means Jun 16, 2007

Natalie wrote:

As fiorme, I do not feel need to be informed in detail on outsourcers who will never again be allowed to place a job on Proz.

In my opinion this is a very bad idea. The records should no doubts be kept and all information should be visible. Otherwise how would you know that this outsourcer is banned for non-payment?

The whole point is that the BB becomes a good reference source in case someone offers a job directly to a translator, by having seen their web page on Proz, their web site, another directory.

So, the more information, the better.

Steffen Pollex (X)
Steffen Pollex (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Agree Jun 16, 2007

José Henrique Lamensdorf wrote:

The whole point is that the BB becomes a good reference source in case someone offers a job directly to a translator, by having seen their web page on Proz, their web site, another directory.

So, the more information, the better.

Yes, I agree.

I think it would be a good compromise to some way highlight the "Banned" note by coloring and to make it at least twice as big as it appears by now.

[Edited at 2007-06-16 20:08]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Notes from site staff in the Blue Board should be more visible

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »