Possible Jobs related warning: EnglishGujarati
Thread poster: Roomy Naqvy

Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:36
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jan 24, 2003

Dear Colleagues,

This is with reference to the following Job posting with a \"sample\" text where \"Mr. John James\" is the job poster with an address. Please see the \"sample\" text there. I was offered exactly the same text by an agency, whom I\'m not naming here [but anyone can contact me in private], as a Job. There were payment problems with the said agency, therefore, I had asked for an advance payment from them and refused to commit even on this small Job. Interestingly, the text of the Job offered to me and this \"sample\" text that John James wants is the same. And this development has taken place within 24 hours.

I find this highly suspicious. Perhaps, the agency itself should post a Job under its own name... if they wanted to find other translators.

I\'m not worried about anyone else working for the same agency but the fact that this displays a kind of fraudulent intent if the agency and Mr. John James are the same as the text offered is ditto at both places.

I just hope that no colleague is taken for a ride.

Kind Regards

Roomy Naqvy

Moderator EnglishGujarati

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible Jobs related warning: EnglishGujarati

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs