Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:05
Czech to German
+ ...
Jan 25, 2008

Hi,

how long back in time is it possible to search for a job-posting? I just wanted to look for German and only got one, dating January 20. What to do if I need a former one?

Thanks for hints!

Charlotte

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Blue Board Jan 25, 2008

If you know the outsourcer's name, you may find them in the Blue Board. Enter the name of the oursourcer to find their profile. On the right hand side of the page, there's a box: Past Job postings. Click on 'More info' and you'll find a list of job postings by that particular outsourcer. Don't know how far in the past, but the ones I've checked dated pretty far back.

Charlotte Blank
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, but... Jan 26, 2008

Hi Margreet,

thanks for this tip but unfortunately the outsourcer I'm looking for does not have an entry there. As far as I can see there is also no entry in Users.

I tried a search using the URL of the job-posting under "search Proz.com" (fortunately I kept it!) but this did not return anything at all - of course, because there is no field like "job" or similar to be checked...

What could I try next?

Charlotte

[Edited at 2008-01-26 18
... See more
Hi Margreet,

thanks for this tip but unfortunately the outsourcer I'm looking for does not have an entry there. As far as I can see there is also no entry in Users.

I tried a search using the URL of the job-posting under "search Proz.com" (fortunately I kept it!) but this did not return anything at all - of course, because there is no field like "job" or similar to be checked...

What could I try next?

Charlotte

[Edited at 2008-01-26 18:45]
Collapse

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Ask staff Jan 26, 2008

If this is really important to you, I think you'd best send an e-mail to staff, give them the URL and see if they can retrieve it for you.
If not, they should at least be able to tell you for how long job postings are kept on the site.

Good luck & have a nice weekend!
Margreet

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
You can't see closed jobs [amended: you can't see squashed jobs] Jan 26, 2008

Hi,
Generally you can't see anymore jobs which expired. The jobs which are closed (by the poster) or squashed (by moderators) are no longer visible.

If you have an url for the job posting - why doing a search for it? Just click the url. You will see the posting (if the job is still open) or a message 'This job have been closed'.

HTH,
Magda

PS It is very unlikely that there is no BB entry for a poster of the job at ProZ.com. BB entries are creat
... See more
Hi,
Generally you can't see anymore jobs which expired. The jobs which are closed (by the poster) or squashed (by moderators) are no longer visible.

If you have an url for the job posting - why doing a search for it? Just click the url. You will see the posting (if the job is still open) or a message 'This job have been closed'.

HTH,
Magda

PS It is very unlikely that there is no BB entry for a poster of the job at ProZ.com. BB entries are created by default.

[Edited at 2008-01-26 23:10]
Collapse

Charlotte Blank
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 26, 2008

Magda Dziadosz wrote:

PS It is very unlikely that there is no BB entry for a poster of the job at ProZ.com. BB entries are created by default.

[Edited at 2008-01-26 19:34]

Hi Magda,

you're right, I did that but got the message that it had been squashed.

As for the BB, I could not find the agency's name nor that of the person concerned. Sorry to ask but since when are BB entries "created by default"? This has not always been the case because - I admit, a long time ago - I had to create one for an agency I was working with.

BTW, would it be possible to include your "The jobs which are closed (by the poster) or squashed (by moderators) are no longer visible." into the FAQ (at least I couldn't find anything about this)?

Have a nice week-end, too,

Charlotte

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
On creating BB records + sorry, I mislead you Jan 26, 2008

Hi again Charlotte,
When the job is posted, the system automatically links it with the relevant BB record, if it exists. If it's a new poster and the system doesn't find any BB record, the Jobs/BB moderators create one and link it with the post.

I checked again about closed jobs and, unfortunately, I gave you a wrong info in my previous post: in fact, closed jobs ARE still visible. Only squashed ones are not (which is quite obvious, I guess). The Job Posting History (which ca
... See more
Hi again Charlotte,
When the job is posted, the system automatically links it with the relevant BB record, if it exists. If it's a new poster and the system doesn't find any BB record, the Jobs/BB moderators create one and link it with the post.

I checked again about closed jobs and, unfortunately, I gave you a wrong info in my previous post: in fact, closed jobs ARE still visible. Only squashed ones are not (which is quite obvious, I guess). The Job Posting History (which can be checked from the BB record) however, is a member-only feature. It is explained in this FAQ

Hope I got it all right this time

Best,
Magda
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Old job-postings?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »