yanadeni (X)
yanadeni (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:33
French to Russian
+ ...
May 14, 2008

http://www.proz.com/campaign/professional

If my current membership ends in autumn, may I participate in this "campaign" without loosing the fees I already paid for the current membership?

Thx

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 07:33
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
YES... May 14, 2008

ProZ.com EXTENDS your membership by the value you purchase in the membership campaign. When you go the page, the blue box should automatically show you the date to which your subscription is extended.

Well done, ProZ.com!

Hope this helps,

Bill

[Edited at 2008-05-14 19:42]

yanadeni (X)
Canada
French to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Right? May 14, 2008

So if my membership ends on September the 1st in 2008, the membership will be extended till October the 1st in 2009. Right?

Colin Brady
Colin Brady  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:33
French to English
+ ...
Partial members can upgrade under current campaign May 14, 2008

Hi YaniQC,

The membership campaign is for full professional membership. However, you can upgrade your partial membership and still get the benefits of the current campaign.

You should now be able to go back to the campaign page and upgrade your membership:

Thanks! Please let me know if you have any more
... See more
Hi YaniQC,

The membership campaign is for full professional membership. However, you can upgrade your partial membership and still get the benefits of the current campaign.

You should now be able to go back to the campaign page and upgrade your membership:

Thanks! Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Best,
Colin
Collapse

yanadeni (X)
Canada
French to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Confirmation? May 14, 2008

Colin, the question was not about status upgrade, but about the dates.

I've got a confirmation that the membership will be extended from a member (Bill), but now I'd like to get the same from a site staff. Just to be sure.

Could you confirm this?

Let's take the real dates.
I became member in October 2007. If I participate in the campaign now, will my membership be extended till November 2009 or only till June 2009 as the campaign web page says ?
... See more
Colin, the question was not about status upgrade, but about the dates.

I've got a confirmation that the membership will be extended from a member (Bill), but now I'd like to get the same from a site staff. Just to be sure.

Could you confirm this?

Let's take the real dates.
I became member in October 2007. If I participate in the campaign now, will my membership be extended till November 2009 or only till June 2009 as the campaign web page says ?

[Edited at 2008-05-14 20:55]
Collapse

Colin Brady
Argentina
French to English
+ ...
I will message you privately May 14, 2008

YaniQC,

I will message you privately.

Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Brownies discount May 15, 2008

Hi,
Is it possible to use brownies discount in this campaign?
Also can one buy membership for more than one year? If yes, then do you get one free month for every year or just one month extra (i.e. even if you buy for three years you get three years and one month)?
Thanks in advance,
Ritu

[Edited at 2008-05-15 05:33]

yanadeni (X)
Canada
French to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. May 15, 2008

Colin, thank you for your reply. Well, I'm hesitating after your reply.

I think it would be usefull for all the visitors of this forum to know the response on the question in the subject line. If what you wrote me in private is not a military secret, may I quote your reply here?

Thx

Colin Brady
Argentina
French to English
+ ...
Browniz discount now possible with current campaign May 15, 2008

Hi Ritu,

Thanks for posting. I just added the browniz discount to the campaign page for non-members and renewals. As for purchasing multiple years of membership with the campaign, that is not currently possible. However, I would be happy to add on an extra month for each year of membership you buy (also the chance to win the 3 prizes). Just send me a message if that's what you decide to do. You can purchase multiple years of members
... See more
Hi Ritu,

Thanks for posting. I just added the browniz discount to the campaign page for non-members and renewals. As for purchasing multiple years of membership with the campaign, that is not currently possible. However, I would be happy to add on an extra month for each year of membership you buy (also the chance to win the 3 prizes). Just send me a message if that's what you decide to do. You can purchase multiple years of membership here:

http://www.proz.com/join?viewPage=upgrade

Hi YaniQC,

No, no secret. As I said in my earlier post, this campaign is for full professional membership. Partial members are given two options for this campaign:

1. Upgrade from partial membership to full professional membership, or
2. Request a refund for the partial membership and purchase full membership (submit a support ticket)

Both of these options will give you thirteen months of full membership. Which option is best differs from person to person. Please submit a support ticket if you need help picking the best option:

http://www.proz.com/support

Thanks for supporting the site! Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Best,
Colin
Collapse

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:03
German to English
I have Browniz to donate May 16, 2008

Any present non-member who wants to become a member and doesn't have enough Browniz to avail of the Browniz discount can contact me through my profile. I have enough Browniz to donate some.

Please note that I am only extending this offer to *first-time* members, not to those renewing their membership. If more than one person contacts me, I will donate the Browniz to the person who, in my opinion, has the best profile.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questions about professional membership campaign

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »