Maria Carla Di Giacinti
Maria Carla Di Giacinti  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another argentinian but not from Buenos Aires Nov 29, 2005

Hi!!

I'm Carla and I upgraded to Platinium yesterday. I'm from a small city near Rosario. Don't you think Rosario is a great place for a Powwow? I don't know if you have done any powwow in Rosario because I joined Proz last year.

I graduated 3 yeras ago. I have only three years of experience as translator but since I've joined this great prozian community I've learnt a lot and I 've grown in my career. And I'm trying to become a full time freelance translator. I love
... See more
Hi!!

I'm Carla and I upgraded to Platinium yesterday. I'm from a small city near Rosario. Don't you think Rosario is a great place for a Powwow? I don't know if you have done any powwow in Rosario because I joined Proz last year.

I graduated 3 yeras ago. I have only three years of experience as translator but since I've joined this great prozian community I've learnt a lot and I 've grown in my career. And I'm trying to become a full time freelance translator. I love my carreer and this site.

Thank you very much for this wonderful virtual place for us!!

Carla
Collapse

Myriam S
Myriam S  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:10
Spanish to English
My name is Myriam and I have become a Platinum member this week Nov 29, 2005

It's good to hear a chorus of praise for ProZ. Perhpas after a years membership I will be able to join you. However, I have been AND AM very reluctant to be part of what to me appears to be an oversaturated market, especially in my language pairs. But it is a credit to your promotional skills. Congratulations to you Henry and your team, for bringin in the herds.

Patricia McGarry
Patricia McGarry
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another Argentinian Nov 29, 2005

Henry wrote:

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. Please tell us briefly about your professional expertise, your reason for membership and something you do outside of translation. Let's get to know each other a bit.

Looks like we'll be starting with Argentina thanks to the recent powwow...

Hello I´ve just joined,I´m from Córdoba.
I am freelance translator and I´m trying to improve in my profession.My Pairs are English-Spanish and Spanish-English.
After I graduated at Córdoba University I Travelled round Europe and spent some time in England working as a Spanish teacher.
Now settled back in Córdoba,I´m trying to work from home.
My main interests are the arts and the social sciences, also literature.I love the outdors,cyclilng and trekking fortunately we´ve got nice places to go round Córdoba.

adrianagoo
adrianagoo
French to Spanish
+ ...
I am Adriana Gooris and I am an Argentine Translator of French and English Nov 30, 2005

Henry wrote:

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. Please tell us briefly about your professional expertise, your reason for membership and something you do outside of translation. Let's get to know each other a bit.

Looks like we'll be starting with Argentina thanks to the recent powwow...

Virginia Namino
Virginia Namino  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Introduction Nov 30, 2005

Henry wrote:
Do we have any new platinum members who are not from a BA powwow?

Well, I may disappoint you, because I am also from Argentina, but, know what? I have never attended a powwow. I saw the wonderful offer, I have some good friend here and I am proud to be a Platinum since... today!

Tell you all something about me. I am a certified (sworn) translator, I live in Buenos Aires, where I have been working for some 16 years as a freelancer, and I my fields of specialization are law and finance.

Besides that, I love reading, specially poetry, and friends. I thing friends and children are the best things life can give us.

Congratulations for your site, and thank you for the special offer. I can afford it now. If any of you wish to know something else about me, just ask! I'm not very good at these type of introductions but I am no shy at all, so just shoot.

Virginia Inés Namino

Estela Consigli
Estela Consigli
French to Spanish
+ ...
Hi all the prozians Nov 30, 2005

Hi all,
I'm from Argentina too, and I make technical and scientific translations. My pairs are French-Spanish/ Spanish-French.
I'm really glad because of my participation on this forum since three years and I became platinum to interchange more actively in it.
It was sad not to be able to concur to the last Powwow but I'm not going to miss the next one.

Regards
Claudia

Mónica Guzmán
Mónica Guzmán  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Argentina, too!! But not from BA Dec 1, 2005

Hi everybody, hi Henry, hi JL!!!

Another one from Argentina, but from La Plata, City Bell, actually. Thanks to the excellent platinum promotion I have finally become a Platinum member!! I have much to thank to Proz: glossaries, jobs, meeting of other professionals...

Translation is my passion, but I also enjoy my spare time... gardening, reading, cycling. And my children, I have three sons, aged 5, 3 and 1. Busy life.

See you.

Lexikum (X)
Lexikum (X)
Argentina
German to Spanish
+ ...
We are also new... Dec 2, 2005

Hi! do you understand Spanish? Anyway...we are a new platinum member, and we were not at the Powwow in BA.
We always wanted to be platinum, because of all benefits, and what can we tell you about it!!You now it better!...this was our opportunity and we want to thank you and J.L. (who helps us during the "transformation");-)

We are a small Translation Agency from Córdoba, and we are now very proud to be a P.M. (Platinum Member). Thanks for this opportunity!

Regards,

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk wrote:

Henry wrote:

Great to see so many of you joined under the powwow offer... and nice to see some faces from previous powwows.

Do we have any new platinum members who are not from a BA powwow?

Let us wait for the Rosario, Río Gallegos, Córdoba, Mendoza, La Plata, and others to come forward

JL

[Edited at 2005-12-02 11:44]

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
Local time: 16:10
English to German
Wow, I made it Dec 4, 2005

Hi everyone,

feels like a belated birthday present for me (birthday was this week): I finally managed to sort my brain sufficiently and make it into here. So you now have this little hedgehog on board with you (the "hedgehog" is kind of synonymous with my personality, I am nocturnal, I curl up a lot, but I claim that from close up I am kind of cute; and "hedgehog" is also the name I use for my business web site).

I've been active on KudoZ for a while, actually it feels
... See more
Hi everyone,

feels like a belated birthday present for me (birthday was this week): I finally managed to sort my brain sufficiently and make it into here. So you now have this little hedgehog on board with you (the "hedgehog" is kind of synonymous with my personality, I am nocturnal, I curl up a lot, but I claim that from close up I am kind of cute; and "hedgehog" is also the name I use for my business web site).

I've been active on KudoZ for a while, actually it feels a lot like my former employment - I was both a translator and a "technical lead" until a few weeks ago. So I spent the last years answering/discussing streams of questions in the borderland between technical knowledge, research and terminology; and the discovery of KudoZ felt like a new home to me. I left my employment voluntarily to go freelance, and hedgehogs do prefer to be alone rather than in a flock, but it is still very reassuring to find a new community online after leaving my colleagues behind (actually I spend hours on the phone with a few of them now that I have deserted them for freedom

So a big hello to fellow translators around the world from a small German hedgehog. (What sounds do hedgehogs make? Well the only thing I know, all the sounds they make, they make them very loudly

A big spiny smile from
Ricki

[Edited at 2005-12-27 18:07]
Collapse

Daniel Ehret
Daniel Ehret  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 16:10
French to Hungarian
+ ...
A big hello from Hungary Dec 12, 2005

Hi everyone,

my name is Daniel Ehret, I'm currently living in Hungary. As my mother is Hungarian and my father French, I "had" to learn these languages pretty early, and here I am now, thinking about becoming a full time translator.
I graduated at the University of Technics and Economics of Budapest, so I have a pretty wide knowledge (and interest) area.
I'm translating to French and Hungarian from these languages plus German and English, mostly technical texts (engineer
... See more
Hi everyone,

my name is Daniel Ehret, I'm currently living in Hungary. As my mother is Hungarian and my father French, I "had" to learn these languages pretty early, and here I am now, thinking about becoming a full time translator.
I graduated at the University of Technics and Economics of Budapest, so I have a pretty wide knowledge (and interest) area.
I'm translating to French and Hungarian from these languages plus German and English, mostly technical texts (engineering).

I'm working as a part-time translator since already 2 years or so, and I took a full-time job as product manager in a company dealing with engineering products, just to be sure to survive between two translation jobs.

To Henry and all the Proz staff for this great site and for this offer now, just continue the good work and you'll be sure that I'll renew my membership (hell, it's already 30 minutes old now, I have to think about the future too)
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New platinum member self-introductions

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »