Suggestion: delete my own not answered question (Mod:'done')
Thread poster: Sandra Milosavljevic-Rothe
Sandra Milosavljevic-Rothe
Sandra Milosavljevic-Rothe  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 23:48
German to Serbian
+ ...
Apr 22, 2003

Sorry, ich muss jetzt auf Deutsch schreiben - meine Kentnisse der englischen Sprache sind immer noch sehr passiv.

Also, oft kommt es vor, dass ich einige Zeit nachdem ich eine Kudoz-Frage gestellt habe doch noch selber eine Antwort finde. Manchmal wird eine Frage erst Tage später beantwortet, wo sich die Sache schon längst erledigt hat.

In solchen Situationen fehlt mir die Möglichkeit, einfach und ohne den zuständigen Moderator unnötig belästigen z
... See more
Sorry, ich muss jetzt auf Deutsch schreiben - meine Kentnisse der englischen Sprache sind immer noch sehr passiv.

Also, oft kommt es vor, dass ich einige Zeit nachdem ich eine Kudoz-Frage gestellt habe doch noch selber eine Antwort finde. Manchmal wird eine Frage erst Tage später beantwortet, wo sich die Sache schon längst erledigt hat.

In solchen Situationen fehlt mir die Möglichkeit, einfach und ohne den zuständigen Moderator unnötig belästigen zu müssen, die unbeantwortete Frage zu löschen.

Danke und Grüße an alle

Sandra

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-03 18:14]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
The question might be valuable for others Apr 22, 2003

Hi Sandra,

Allow me to quickly summarise your suggestion in English, for the benefit of other users.

You suggest to be able to delete KudoZ questions which you no longer require since you found the solution elsewhere.

Bear in mind that one of the purposes of KudoZ is to build an open glossary - even if you might no longer require answers, someone else might be looking for a similar concept in the future. Note that you can decline answers if yo
... See more
Hi Sandra,

Allow me to quickly summarise your suggestion in English, for the benefit of other users.

You suggest to be able to delete KudoZ questions which you no longer require since you found the solution elsewhere.

Bear in mind that one of the purposes of KudoZ is to build an open glossary - even if you might no longer require answers, someone else might be looking for a similar concept in the future. Note that you can decline answers if you feel they do not serve your purpose.

If you really need to get rid of something, just drop a line to the moderator - that\'s not a problem at all.

Best regards, Ralf
Collapse

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:48
German to English
+ ...
To add to Ralf's comments Apr 22, 2003

...and enter the correct answer yourself for the benefit of the glossary.

Trudy

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
You can contact your moderator Apr 22, 2003

You can always contact the moderator for your language pair.

I have sqashed one question of yours when you stated having found the answer on your own only because nobody has proposed an answer. I refrained from squashing the other, because an answerer posted his answer and he deserved to have his effort rewarded.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Sandra Milosavljevic-Rothe
Sandra Milosavljevic-Rothe  Identity Verified
Serbia
German to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Vesna Apr 22, 2003

Draga Vesna,

hvala ti na odgovoru - ti si bila taj odgovorni moderator za moja skorasnja pitanja zar ne? Eto, nisam te htela zamajavati sitnicama. Pretpostavljam da imas dovoljno obaveza i bez mene...

Puno pozdrava

Sandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion: delete my own not answered question (Mod:'done')

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »