Asker History - establish a link from members\' profiles
Thread poster: Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 16:03
German to English
+ ...
Jan 11, 2002

The asker history is working now. GREAT. But each profile should have a link to that member\'s history. As I and others have said, the questions would be more telling that any of the answers given.

Please do something about the following: one member, in particular, does not log in anymore when posting questions (because he does not want his inane questions to show up in his asker history). Something needs to be done to prevent this type of abuse.

John Kinory (X)
John Kinory (X)
Local time: 21:03
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Not just any member ... Jan 11, 2002

... but a prominent one, nay, a moderator.
[addsig]

Jon Zuber (X)
Jon Zuber (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Where is this asker history thing? Jan 11, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-01-11 14:44, AbacusTrans wrote:

The asker history is working now. GREAT. But each profile should have a link to that member\'s history. As I and others have said, the questions would be more telling that any of the answers given.

Is this a feature accessible only by paying members, have I just overlooked it, what?

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Feature for paying members only? Jan 13, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-01-11 23:08, Jon Zuber wrote:

Quote:

Is this a feature accessible only by pay... See more
Quote:

On 2002-01-11 23:08, Jon Zuber wrote:

Quote:

Is this a feature accessible only by paying members, have I just overlooked it, what?

I don\'t think so. I know that there are non-paying members who can access the asker history. It is that little magnifying glass next to the asker\'s name/picture. ▲ Collapse

Jon Zuber (X)
Jon Zuber (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Are we talking about the same place, Werner? Jan 13, 2002

Directly under each KudoZ question it says \"Asker: so-and-so\" and sometimes there\'s a picture. You say beside these there\'s a magnifying glass icon you can click on for asker history? If that\'s where it\'s supposed to be, it isn\'t showing up for me.

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Magnifying glass Jan 14, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-01-13 21:57, Jon Zuber wrote:

Directly under each KudoZ question it says \"Asker: so-and-so\" and sometimes there\'s a picture. You say beside these there\'s a magnifying glass icon you can click on for asker history? If that\'s where it\'s supposed to be, it isn\'t showing up for me.

The magnifying glass will only show if the asker is a registered and logged-in ProZ user. Other... See more
Quote:

The magnifying glass will only show if the asker is a registered and logged-in ProZ user. Otherwise, you should be able to see it. As I said before, some people, apparently, are now trying to avoid \"fattening\" their asker history (they\'re afraid that potential clients might see their questions) and therefore post questions without logging in. ▲ Collapse

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:03
Member (2004)
English to Italian
please, add a link to asker's history on profiles... Jan 14, 2002

the questions posted show the real level of knowledge and expertise of a given translator... I think it\'s only fair to the outsourcers as well... and all members should be forced to log in when asking questions...

GG

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A B S O L U T E L Y R I G H T !!!!!!!!! Jan 14, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-01-14 09:51, guarnieri wrote:

the questions posted show the real level of knowledge and expertise of a given translator... I think it\'s only fair to the outsourcers as well... and all members should be forced to log in when asking questions...

GG

I second that. Henry, please implement this ASAP!!!!! If you want meritocracy, that\'s the best way!

Jon Zuber (X)
Jon Zuber (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Still no joy with magnifying glass. Jan 14, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-01-14 02:16, AbacusTrans wrote:

Quote:

... See more
Quote:

On 2002-01-14 02:16, AbacusTrans wrote:

Quote:

The magnifying glass will only show if the asker is a registered and logged-in ProZ user. Otherwise, you should be able to see it. As I said before, some people, apparently, are now trying to avoid \"fattening\" their asker history (they\'re afraid that potential clients might see their questions) and therefore post questions without logging in.

I\'m at a loss. I look only at Pro-level questions, *all* of which are asked by registered, logged-in members, and I\'m not seeing any magnifying glasses. I suppose I\'d better take this up as a support request or bug report. Thanks for the info, Werner. ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Asker History - establish a link from members\' profiles

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »