Oleg Osipov
Oleg Osipov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:29
English to Russian
+ ...
May 24, 2008

Dear colleagues,

ProZ.com is a really exceptional working place for a huge number of translators (thank you Henry!), who find it beneficial to be here and share experiences, ideas, provide help and many more.

We belong to this place, we are one global community and it just came to me: why not to have a ProZ.com badge?
It could be the shape of ProZ.com logo to be consistent with the site identification (which I personally like) or anything else.
I would cer
... See more
Dear colleagues,

ProZ.com is a really exceptional working place for a huge number of translators (thank you Henry!), who find it beneficial to be here and share experiences, ideas, provide help and many more.

We belong to this place, we are one global community and it just came to me: why not to have a ProZ.com badge?
It could be the shape of ProZ.com logo to be consistent with the site identification (which I personally like) or anything else.
I would certainly love to have the badge. It could also further promote the site and all the good things it is associated with.

What do you think?
Collapse

Cagdas Karatas
Cagdas Karatas  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
I totally agree May 24, 2008

I would also suggest designing a cap with the green and white colours of the site. That would look great and make me feel airy!

Greetings Oleg

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:29
Dutch to English
+ ...
Airy? May 24, 2008

Çağdaş Karataş wrote:

I would also suggest designing a cap with the green and white colours of the site. That would look great and make me feel airy!

Greetings Oleg

In what sense?

And just where are people thinking of wearing this badge?

Cagdas Karatas
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
On this planet May 24, 2008

xxx

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:29
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Not a badge, but... May 24, 2008

I think we should have a T-shirt!

Amy

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
T-shirts and more? May 24, 2008

See Hikmat's shopping tab suggestion at the top here: http://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/102742-first_be_creative_with_proz_contest-861292.html#861292

I'd be happy wi
... See more
See Hikmat's shopping tab suggestion at the top here: http://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/102742-first_be_creative_with_proz_contest-861292.html#861292

I'd be happy with a new T-shirt. The old one is getting too thin and 'airy' now. and frankly, I'd sooner publiciZe ProZ.

Chris

[Edited at 2008-05-24 14:29]
Collapse

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Flemish to English
+ ...
Düsseldorfer Powwow May 24, 2008

During the Düsseldorfer Powwow badges were made with the proz.com logo and our names/proz's name. Chances are that this year it will not be different? Where did I leave mine (:.

Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:29
German to English
+ ...
With Amy May 24, 2008

I, too, would like a T-shirt, or even a nice sweatshirt for winter

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:29
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Yes, agree May 24, 2008

However, some of the T-shirts need to be in smaller sizes. Promotional T-shirts always tend to be outsize.

Astrid

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 13:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
On the contrary, Astrid! May 24, 2008

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:

However, some of the T-shirts need to be in smaller sizes. Promotional T-shirts always tend to be outsize.

Astrid

In my experience, I can never even buy t-shirts at special events, much less receive a free promotional one that will fit, because I need a very large size.

Of course, I don't mean that I don't want them to make small ones for you petite ladies! Just that they need to make big ones too. Small, Medium, and Large doesn't cut it for a lot of people.

And yes, I would like ProZ merchandise! Lapel pins, earrings, t-shirts, caps, and totebags would be a good start.

[Edited at 2008-05-24 23:19]

Cagdas Karatas
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
Am I capcholic? :s May 24, 2008

I'm insistent on a green - white adjustable cap. Just imagine how it would look with a ProZ logo on it. No size problem! Go for it!

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:59
German to English
Mugs May 25, 2008

A nice ProZ.com coffee mug would be more my kind of thing!

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
Not a bad idea.. May 25, 2008

T-shirt and a baseball cap, but a wired one so that one had airflow despite wearing a cap Brandis

Pavel Janoušek
Pavel Janoušek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
German to Czech
+ ...
A coffee mug... May 25, 2008

... is a good idea.

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:29
Portuguese to English
+ ...
A variety of sizes May 25, 2008

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:

Astrid

Having sold T-shirts to promote my band, I'd recommend X-Large, Large, Medium, Small, and....baby look!

Amy

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com badge

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »