Mobile menu

Order in the Search for a Pro results (staff: 'done, thanks!')
Thread poster: Silvio Picinini

Silvio Picinini  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:35
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 20, 2001

The results when you search for a Pro are sorted by total KudoZ points. This is not the order a client would expect to see. I am sure the client prefers a 600 points in the pair than a 90 points in the pair but 1000 in a lot of pairs.

The results should be sorted by the Kudoz points IN THAT PAIR, NOT TOTAL.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-06-07 14:19]

Direct link Reply with quote

Giovanna Graziani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:35
Member (2002)
German to Italian
+ ...
Jun 21, 2001

Hi Silvio!

What I can see from the new site version, is that both sorting cryteria are displayed: the number of points in bold characters (upper line) are the KudoZ points for that pair, the number in normal characters (lower line) are the total points (points for all language pairs).

I think this is fair; the potential customer sees the activity both for the specific pair and for other pairs showing the total expertise of that person.

Secondly: I suggest that this interesting posting should be inserted into the \"Suggestions\" topics and not into the \"Bugs\" section. It\'s not a bug, but just a proposal of changing the sorting modality.

Ciao!

Giovanna

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Order in the Search for a Pro results (staff: 'done, thanks!')

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Websites for Translators
Build your new website, create a set of compelling graphics or find a new branding path with us.

We help both freelance translators and established translation agencies by applying online marketing strategies in the competitive world of languages. Click below to find out more!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs