Mobile menu

Ability to mark forum discussions for e-mail
Thread poster: Karin Adamczyk
Karin Adamczyk  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:16
French to English
Jan 15, 2002

It would be very helpful if it were possible to mark forum messages so that members can receive an e-mail notification when replies to marked messages are posted.

As it is, I only consult the site once in a while because it is very time-consuming to follow messages in forums. An e-mail notice would let us know that a response has been posted so we can have a look at the latest messages.

Members should be able to enable or disable receipt of these e-mail messages, as is possible with other types of e-mail messages.

Thanks for considering this suggestion,

Karin Adamczyk

P.S. Just noticed that it is possible to request an e-mail when replies are posted, but I believe this only applies for the person who posts the message, not for others who find the thread interesting.

Direct link Reply with quote

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:16
Member (2004)
English to Italian
I agree... Jan 15, 2002

it would be useful... scoring the forums looking for any replies to your own messages is very time consuming... I never remember where I posted the question/reply in the first place!

Cheers!

GG

Lesley Clayton
France
Local time: 19:16
French to English
+ ...
An excellent idea. Jan 15, 2002

I never remember either. And I get even more confused if I log on more than once during the day, because although I know what time (Central European Time) I was last on, I can never work out what time it was on ProZ.

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO)
German to English
+ ...
Me too Jan 15, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-01-15 20:02, guarnieri wrote:

it would be useful... scoring the forums looking for any replies to your own messages is very time consuming... I never remember where I posted the question/reply in the first place!

Cheers!

GG

Great new picture, by the way!

Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:16
Partial member (2003)
Spanish to English
Totally agree Jan 15, 2002

I get hopelessly lost in these forums, and can\'t remember where I\'ve posted things to see other people\'s comments. And it is too time consuming to go through the whole lot yet again.

Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
I had the same idea... Feb 5, 2002

...and posted a forum topic in this same section on Jan 8, \"Forum and e-mail notifications\" http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic=997&forum=13&2, for the same reasons: easier access, promote participation, more efficiency.

Roberta

Buzzy
French to English
Working yellow "No New Posts" folders would be a start! Feb 5, 2002

For months and months now, all the folders on the left of the topics have stayed stubbornly red, allegedly indicating \"New Posts since your last visit\". Lies! All lies! - well, nearly always, anyway.

If this function could be fixed, it would be a start to finding the \"active\" parts of the forums, and save us having to look at all the dates/times to work out if anything new has come up. It would still be up to us to identify the bits that we\'re actually interested in, but I think we could manage

Yngve Roennike  Identity Verified
Danish to English
+ ...
Transparency Feb 14, 2002

.. or just making this site more transparent. I think I\'ve posted three or four times, and some of the posts I can\'t even find the posts anymore, since I forgot the heading under which I placed them, and where they may be imbedded. A search feature would be appropriate, either on subject or name.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ability to mark forum discussions for e-mail

Advanced search

TransPDF.com PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs