Mobile-optimized ProZ page?
Thread poster: Edwal Rospigliosi

Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 16, 2008

Does it exist?

When I connect to ProZ from my mobile, it takes too long because it downloads the whole page, including banners and pics. It's the same whether I check the main page or the job postings.

Are there any plans for a lighter, optimized mobile version?

Direct link Reply with quote

Ángel Domínguez  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
iPhone! Jul 16, 2008

Yes that would be great, an iPhone-optimized version would also be a nice addition, considering the adoption rates of the device and the number of countries where it is available now.

Saturniana  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:13
English to Romanian
+ ...
PSP Jul 17, 2008

Or a PSP optimised version

Alexander Chisholm  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Blackberry Jul 17, 2008

I recently bought a Blackberry to take advantage of the fact that I don't always need to be tied to a geographical location, but still need internet access.

I'm surprised by how good the quality of the internet service is, but the only problem I have encountered so far is logging into and using

Firstly, as already mentioned, the home page is massive and so difficult to navigate around considering the small screen sze on the handheld.

Secondly, I can't seem to get the login function to accept my parameters and actually allow me to log in.

The other language sites I use routinely (IATE etc.) give me no problems, a mobile-friendly would complete the mobile package.

Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:13
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Blackberry Jul 17, 2008

I was thinking this just the other day. I quite often receive job alerts on my phone while I'm out and about, and click on the link to find out more. It takes ages to scroll down to the relevant part of the page, so a mobile-optimised version would be much appreciated!

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:13
Partial member
+ ...
ProZ mobile Jul 18, 2008

As far as I know, there are plans for a mobile ProZ, or at least there were. I don't know if it's a priority but at least it's progressing, slowly but it is.

Jared Tabor
Local time: 01:13
Mobile version for jobs Jul 29, 2008

Sorry for arriving so late to this thread. I've just posted here regarding the mobile version for viewing jobs. Thanks.

Best regards,

Cathy Flick  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:13
Member (2003)
Russian to English
+ ...
mobile forums, term search, and blueboard? Jul 31, 2008

In addition to mobile jobs - how about mobile forums, term search, and blueboard?

In trying out my new Palm Centro, one of the first places I tried was ProZ... without much success. I was able to log in, but didn't really manage to get anywhere (the fancy ProZ format was apparently too much for my little Palm browser both in fast-no image mode and normal mode).

Peace, Cathy Flick

Ph.D. Chemical Physics/M.A. Physics/B.S. Chemistry
Scientific Translator since 1978
Russian/French/German/Spanish/Italian into US English

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mobile-optimized ProZ page?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Want to earn more in your spare time? Monetize your knowledge!

Do you speak one or more foreign languages? Fluency in target language + willingness & ability to help people in everyday situations could earn you $45 / hour. Download “Quiick Angel” app & become a guardian angel today

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs