Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 16, 2008

Does it exist?

When I connect to ProZ from my mobile, it takes too long because it downloads the whole page, including banners and pics. It's the same whether I check the main page or the job postings.

Are there any plans for a lighter, optimized mobile version?

Ángel Domínguez
Ángel Domínguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:13
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
iPhone! Jul 16, 2008

Yes that would be great, an iPhone-optimized version would also be a nice addition, considering the adoption rates of the device and the number of countries where it is available now.

Ángel.

Saturniana
Saturniana  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:13
English to Romanian
+ ...
PSP Jul 17, 2008

Or a PSP optimised version

achisholm
achisholm
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:13
Italian to English
+ ...
Blackberry Jul 17, 2008

I recently bought a Blackberry to take advantage of the fact that I don't always need to be tied to a geographical location, but still need internet access.

I'm surprised by how good the quality of the internet service is, but the only problem I have encountered so far is logging into and using Proz.com.

Firstly, as already mentioned, the home page is massive and so difficult to navigate around considering the small screen sze on the handheld.

Secondly, I c
... See more
I recently bought a Blackberry to take advantage of the fact that I don't always need to be tied to a geographical location, but still need internet access.

I'm surprised by how good the quality of the internet service is, but the only problem I have encountered so far is logging into and using Proz.com.

Firstly, as already mentioned, the home page is massive and so difficult to navigate around considering the small screen sze on the handheld.

Secondly, I can't seem to get the login function to accept my parameters and actually allow me to log in.

The other language sites I use routinely (IATE etc.) give me no problems, a mobile-friendly Proz.com would complete the mobile package.
Collapse

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:13
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Blackberry Jul 17, 2008

I was thinking this just the other day. I quite often receive Proz.com job alerts on my phone while I'm out and about, and click on the link to find out more. It takes ages to scroll down to the relevant part of the page, so a mobile-optimised version would be much appreciated!

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 05:13
Spanish
+ ...
ProZ mobile Jul 18, 2008

As far as I know, there are plans for a mobile ProZ, or at least there were. I don't know if it's a priority but at least it's progressing, slowly but it is.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 07:13
SITE STAFF
Mobile version for jobs Jul 29, 2008

Sorry for arriving so late to this thread. I've just posted here regarding the mobile version for viewing jobs. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jared

Cathy Flick
Cathy Flick  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:13
Member (2003)
Russian to English
+ ...
mobile forums, term search, and blueboard? Jul 31, 2008

In addition to mobile jobs - how about mobile forums, term search, and blueboard?

In trying out my new Palm Centro, one of the first places I tried was ProZ... without much success. I was able to log in, but didn't really manage to get anywhere (the fancy ProZ format was apparently too much for my little Palm browser both in fast-no image mode and normal mode).

Peace, Cathy Flick

Ph.D. Chemical Physics/M.A. Physics/B.S. Chemistr
... See more
In addition to mobile jobs - how about mobile forums, term search, and blueboard?

In trying out my new Palm Centro, one of the first places I tried was ProZ... without much success. I was able to log in, but didn't really manage to get anywhere (the fancy ProZ format was apparently too much for my little Palm browser both in fast-no image mode and normal mode).

Peace, Cathy Flick

Ph.D. Chemical Physics/M.A. Physics/B.S. Chemistry
Scientific Translator since 1978
Russian/French/German/Spanish/Italian into US English
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mobile-optimized ProZ page?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »