MyTopics (Staff:'done')
Thread poster: xxx xxx
xxx xxx
xxx xxx
Local time: 13:44
May 15, 2003

I would like to suggest you introduce an item \"MyTopics\" in the Forums Site so that one can more easily keep track of the discussions one has contributed to.

I keep looking for them for hours (or so it seems to me) because they move farther down in the list when there are other topics posted and also, because I cannot always remember which forum was the right one.

Diane

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-02-02 22:29]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:44
English to German
+ ...
Forum Tracking May 15, 2003

Hi Diane,

I\'m not sure if you\'re aware of the forum tracking functions available to Platinum members.

If you want to keep track of a thread you post yourself, check the \"Notify by email when replies are posted\" box (last of the options shown).

HTH - Ralf

Dyran Altenburg (X)
Dyran Altenburg (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not the same May 15, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-15 11:49, Lemster wrote:

If you want to keep track of a thread you post yourself, check the \"Notify by email when replies are posted\" box (last of the options shown).

What I would like to have is a way to track my own messages, not the whole forum.

This option is not yet available, AFAIK.

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:44
English to Spanish
My Topics May 15, 2003

Great idea! I fully support it.

This made me think, it would also be nice if I could see just the threads I´m tracking (not necessarily the ones I´m contributing to). Let´s wait and see

Andrea

[ This Message was edited by: AIM on 2003-05-15 13:17]

xxx xxx
xxx xxx
TOPIC STARTER
forum tracking May 15, 2003

Quote:

Hi Diane,

I\'m not sure if you\'re aware of the forum tracking functions available to Platinum members.

HTH ... See more
Quote:

Hi Diane,

HTH - Ralf

I thought the forum tracking function would only let me know whether there is any new posting to the forum, not only to one single topic in a specific forum. I would not want to be informed about any new message in an entire forum.

Cheers,

Diane

Collapse

Boyan Kostadinov
Boyan Kostadinov  Identity Verified
Bulgarian to English
+ ...
Similar Feature Available May 15, 2003

Not exactly what you suggested but we do have a similar feature that will alow you to track a single thread inside any forum (as long as you are a Platinum Member) instead of the whole forum.

Just look at any thread and you should see the \'Track Thread\' option on top or the bottom of the thread.

xxx xxx
xxx xxx
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 5, 2003

Many thanks for putting my suggestion into practice!

Diane

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MyTopics (Staff:'done')

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »