Mobile menu

More detailed visitors behaviour
Thread poster: Wolfgang Jörissen

Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Dutch to German
+ ...
Jul 17, 2008

Just a suggestion:
I like the feature in the visitors table that shows me which parts of my profile page have been visited, but could it be a bit more detailed? If somebody clicks on or downloads my CV, I would like to know. The same goes if someone views my sample translation.

Direct link Reply with quote

Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:51
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Agreed! Jul 17, 2008

I think this would be a useful feature. It would let us see which parts of the profile are visited most often/at all.

Great idea, Wolfgang!

David Earl  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:51
Member (2007)
German to English
Good Idea Jul 17, 2008

It would be nice to see if high interest sections, like CV's, have been accessed.

What I would like to see is the address resolution. When I found the Visitor page, I wondered why 14 hits came from one address, so I looked by issuing the following command from the DOS prompt:

ping /a

It was a "crawl" robot from one of the search sites. It might be even better to automatically remove entries from known crawlers (google, ask, yahoo, etc.) The response from "ping /a" even contains the word "crawl" or "crawler", most of the time.

[Edited at 2008-07-17 13:07]

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 08:51
Good ideas Jul 17, 2008

Thanks for these suggestions. I have asked Jared to check this thread and schedule development.

Jared Tabor
Local time: 09:51
Details added to Visitors tab and CV Jul 28, 2008

Hello all,

Further details have been added to the information registered in your Visitors tab, to show when visitors view specific areas of your profile. There is also now a hit counter for your CV. Next to your CV on the main page of your profile you will see the number of hits the file has received (visible only to you), and your Visitors tab will also show when your CV has been opened or downloaded, and which language version was used, in the case that you have uploaded your CV in multiple languages.

Best regards,

Local time: 15:51
Romanian to English
+ ...
Good idea! Jul 29, 2008

Yes, I definitely agree with this one.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

More detailed visitors behaviour

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs