Mobile menu

\"Decline answer\" windows need to be larger.
Thread poster: xxxJon Zuber
xxxJon Zuber
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 16, 2002

I feel bad about turning down an answer on which someone has spent time and energy with a 40-character (or however many it is) explanation. This would also encourage people to make clear that they have reviewed and rejected all answers rather than just leaving questions ungraded out of slackness.

Direct link Reply with quote

urst  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:31
German to Spanish
+ ...
Decline? Tell me more about it, please Jan 31, 2002

I am a newbie to ProZ but have been using it rather avidly, be it looking for help, or trying to help others. Now, this DECLINE THIS ANSWER button I haven\'t used yet, mainly because I don\'t know why I should. If among the answers there\'s one I can use or that somehow helps me, I grade it accordingly and bid the whole thing goodnight. Wrong? Do I have to tell the others that I don\'t accept their contribution? Maybe this is the wrong place to ask such a petty question and you\'ll probably tell me to RTFM. Well, I don\'t know where I dropped it.

Another thing: I suggest you implement a SEARCH (Forums)option, to allow users search for a particular subject/topic in forums.

Thanks for scrolling along,

good night

urst

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:31
English to German
+ ...
No RTFMs... Jan 31, 2002

Hi, \'urst\'! (Interesting alias...*g*)

No problem at all. The \"Decline\" button is used to reject an answer which is incorrect or otherwise unusable. The point where you really need this is if all answers you receive fall into this category (rare, but it happens...). If you don\'t do anything, the system will award KudoZ (having reminded you twice, I believe...) based on the peer grading entered - that\'s something one should avoid if everything is wrong somehow.

It\'s good practice (and helps avoid flaring tempers...*g*) to briefly explain why you\'re declining an answer - I second Jon\'s suggestion that more space would be beneficial.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

\"Decline answer\" windows need to be larger.

Advanced search

TMreserve
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs